Sinister: Electronic Reminiscent

kenneth.chu at xxx.org kenneth.chu at xxx.org
Thu Jun 19 19:11:22 BST 2003

Dear sinister,

Seeing some old names appearing in the "Sinister" folder of my in-box has
made me feel a little nostalgic, indeed I do have regular patches of
listalgia.  I often wonder whether the old sinister kids (are they now
sinister adults?) have just disappeared altogether or if they've just become
less outspoken and rageful with age.

And the other day I was looking through the inbox of a very old email
account, and there was an email from someone I knew from a long time ago
with whom I have lost contact, so I sent an email but unfortunately the
hotmail account had since been closed down.  Which made me sad of the
frailty sometimes of this e-mailing business, how easily one can lose touch
with another, but then I suppose it's no different from in real life, or
rather "real life", in this technological age maybe the internet is becoming
less virtual a reality than what they tell you in films, which is very much
an escape from reality in itself.

I do hope one day email accounts will never be closed down.  Especially
sinister at missprint.org cos it's rather good, I wonder if i'll still post
here when I'm 82.

Ken
P.S.: My work is very dull
P.S.2.: I got a PS2 the other day!  And it arrived on my birthday!  It was
the greatest thing ever.
P.S.3.: Now that Stuart Murdoch is planning to organise a treasure hunt in
America, I wonder if th......

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.