Sinister: Perfect Opening Line

Chris Eames foreversheepish at xxx.uk
Wed Jun 25 01:27:03 BST 2003

"A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate
care that the balances are correct"

There seems to have been quite a few 'first posts' in
the last couple of days so I thought I would try and
slip my own is subtly, hoping nobody will notice if I
make a fool of myself.  Its surprisingly scary getting
that e-mail form Honey's computer.  I have felt like I
have been eavesdropping on someone else's conversation
for the last couple of weeks but now I have been found
out, and suddenly I need to come up with my own
opinions and contributions.  I have been sat here for
the last fifteen minutes thinking about what i should
type, ou know what they say about first impressions!
>From what i have been reading in the archives it seems
everyone here is friendly which puts my mind at ease
that you wont hold it against me if this turns out too
crazy like.

Incidently reading all the past posts for the last
couple of months has been a welcome distraction from
the so called important process of revision I have
been avoiding these past few weeks.  Exams are over
now which is good, (I'm was silly enough to chose a
degree course in which exams in my first and second
year count to the total mark i get).

Ok, so before i get too off-topic I should really talk
about Belle and Sebastian, whom I have had a private
love affair with for the past few years.  My bigest
regret is that i only came across Sinister so
recently!  Unfortunatly I have not had the pleasure of
seeing the band live (yet!) but hopefully  they will
play somewhere within easy train travelling distance
of London in the near future...... Mabey after the new
album cmes out (anyone know when thats likely to be?).

In the meantime I will continue to wait with baited
breath.

On the plus side, I did recently see The Frames at the
Union Chapel, and they were superb!  They don't play
in England too often, but to any of you lucky lucky
Sinister type people with Glasonbury tickets I would
highly recomend you take the oppertunity to see them
then.

I may not be going to Glastonbury, but I do have the
picnick in Hyde park to look foward to.  I have to say
that i'm more than a little scared though as being
such a new member I wont know anyone there!  Of course
meeting new people is always fun (especially B&S
types) but definatly scary.  So, I encourage anyone
who is anywhere near London to come along on saterday,
am I going to be the only newbie there? I hope not!

On that note I will leave you all in peace for now, to
the lucky festival goers I would ask you all to spare
a thought for those less fortunate when you are
setting your tents up....

-Chris.

ps. If anyone knows of any London like events/bands
etc coming up then feel free to let me know, my social
callender seems awfullly bare this summer :(