Sinister: he goes to school around the way...

Sunny set sunnie_set at xxx.com
Sun Jun 29 15:00:16 BST 2003

The dog looked confused. She looked at the small grey box which seemed to
know her name. Then at her girl. Then back the small grey box. It really did
know her name. She was confused, was it some sort of trick?
The girl looked at her and laughed. She wasn't much help in these
situations. The dog sighed and concentrated hard.
The small grey box sung her name again.
"Belle was ok but, oh Sebastian, went too far again..."
The dog ran in circles with excitement.
The dog didn't’t know anyone called Sebastian but that didn't matter to her.
There was no doubt in her mind that the song was about her. She made it her
mission in life to discover what the song was about. Head cocked to one side
she studiously listened. 2 minutes later though she was bored and  made it
her mission in life to find food. She didn't like to trouble herself with
things for too long. There were too many different things that needed
investigating.

The girl on the otherhand remained on the floor listening to other songs. It
was hard to remember the time before when it was just her, well her and him,
that knew these songs. Of course there was never really a time when that was
true, but it had certainly felt that way.
The girl was never sure why she loved the music. Being in love with anything
is complicated and the more you analyse the less certain you become as to
what it is you love. Whenever she tried to explain to someone else what was
so great about a song she found herself floundering.
It was staring at closed eyelids with notes flying through the space around
her.
It was the way she could go back and listen to something and find it soothe
her through the lonely uncertain times and bring near perfection to the
happier moments.
It was just a feeling.

The dog ran back in and licked her face. Then for good measure she ran and
licked the small grey box. She felt it deserved it for bringing a smile to
the girl's face and a wag to her tail.

Hope you are all well,
Take Care
Rachel

This is why we stay alive. Think about it. It's not what we've done, it's
what we might do, it's not where we've failed, it's where we might at last
succeed, it's not the previous page in the book that holds the beauty and
the hope, but the next page.
http://www.friendsoftheheroes.co.uk