Sinister: tulips & plumcake

Youn Noh younnoh at xxx.com
Sun Mar 2 06:21:49 GMT 2003

I bought a pot of tulips the other day.  They have all these
flowers out under awnings in front of markets now and spring
doesn't even start until March 21st!  Tomorrow's supposed to
be sunny, which is a good thing.  I'll set it out on the
balcony again like I did today before going to work.  That
and cards to nieces and having hard candy set out in bowls -
it's all coming together in perfect spinster fashion!  Next
I'll be cutting barmbracks and leaving plumcakes on the
train!

I read Stuart's entry on Orange Juice, too.  And his theory
on the inverse of six degrees of separation.  Later he said
"feeling a bit private!"  Well, he said it earlier, but I
found it later, which was nice cos it shows how you could go
back, after interior monologues and watching people on the
bus.  But back to the theory.  A corollary or implication:
you could fall in love with almost anyone.  Cos there comes
to be a point when comparisons are impossible - apples and
oranges.  Orange Juice - a loping gait - walking on the edge
of the pavement, falling slightly behind - holding out your
arm for her - the playground scene in "Teach Us to Outgrow
Our Madness" but not against a backdrop of the emperor
announcing his fallibility on the radio!  Everyone has the
dream about falling, right?  And what about the one of
trying to fit a square in a circle, or being that square?
Not so very plummy.  Stiff as a board, hard and dry.  but at
least SPLINTER!

I get lost in muddled flourishes and forget what I'm trying
to say!