Sinister: Songs, words, and so forth

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Tue Mar 4 23:24:24 GMT 2003

I'm a very sad (as in pathetic) girl.

I wrote a wee ditty, ripping off the great B&S, by
replacing a few words of their Storytelling song.
Anyway, I read it, and I decided better of it to post
it myself.

But heres the jist:
replace the word "characters" with "citizens"/
"country"/ "cabinet"
"plot" becomes policy, as does "stories"
replace "storyteller" with "politician"
replace "tale" with "term".

**A giant tumbleweed, called Bert, who has three small
tumbleweed children and a wife called Lizzy who ran
off with a shrub a year ago, decides to roll across
the middle of the sinister mailing list, as an akward
silence descends upon the good folk of sinister while
they stare blankly at the author of poor quality
postings**

ANYWAY.

I'm pleased to note that I'm no longer feeling like a
lemon (in the figurative sense) in the Pocketbook
Angels webring, and have been joined by more fruity
and zesty interwebbers looking to link the United
Blogs of Sinister (hey!) with the webring. The ring
was set up with sinister bloggers in mind, I guess it
was a lazy way to have a list of sinister blogs to
read without having to add them to my bookmark list.
Who knows, it might expand one day to be less
exclusive and more inclusive of other B&S fans. But
for the time being, its been set up really rather
quickly (the idea has been floating around for a while
though, but the actions were done in haste) and I
guess I just wanted to see what would happen. I'm sure
there might be a few mumblings about it being
exclusive and whatever else have you, and that
therefore being a bad thing, and so on and so forth.
But its early days (less than a week, I reckon) and
its just nice to get it established.

If you've not joined, and would like to do so, its
called Pocketbook Angels, and can be found at
http://www.geocities.com/retrosec
Ken Chu's colander has already signed up (amongst
others) so nows the time to cyber rub shoulders with
Ken himself. Or at least, his essential utensil. Yes,
thats my selling point, and I think its a darn good
one, albeit vaguely smutty.

I tell you, I'd be no good at setting up my own
company. I'd probably set it up and then six months
later try and work out what it was going to do, having
spent all the enterprawner bank loan on goodies from a
stationery catalogue and whirly chairs. Mmm..
stationery.

About a year ago, I wrote a series of posts to
sinister, about being heartbroken. I was amazed at the
time by the responses to my post. Well, I got back
together with the heartbreaker in question, who will
no doubt speak to me when he reads this and say, with
a slight quizzical tone, "'heartbreaker'???". We got
back together on Christmas eve. Some people say they
saw it coming, although my mum was shocked. I was too,
actually, and it was I who asked "shall we get back
together?". I was shocked that my mouth could say such
a thing, although I am regularly shocked by the things
that I say. When I mentioned the phrase "boyfriend" at
work, there were a few sly smiles and raised eyebrows
and "oh yes...?" questions, to which I explained it
was a recycled boyfriend. I'm not good at handling
gushy, and felt slightly embarrassed, in the "I'm 14
and telling my mum I have a boyfriend" way.

I'm not 14, I'm 24, if you were in any doubt.

Now, I must go.

love

idleberry

=====