Sinister: Rupert Murdoch & Stuart Murdoch--any relation?

jenn phillips-bacher mrsaudiac at xxx.com
Wed Mar 5 02:57:41 GMT 2003

You look lovely when you wear that dress, Sinister!  It really brings out
the color of your eyes,

It took a massive event to bring me out of my State of Lurk, and the event
was this from Marianna:

>Like a Flan obsessed with an Adam, I keep seeing Stuart Murdoch
> >everywhere. I thought I saw him recently on the advertisement for >ITV's
>Secret Weddings.The premise? Propose to your boyfriend, be >separated
>instantly for three days, show up in the studio in a frock >and hope that
>he turns up to be wed in a 30-second ceremony.

Okay, so I'm not in the UK, but did anyone in the US watch "Married by
America" last night?*  Anyone? Anyone?  One of the suitors looked exactly
like Stuart Murdoch!  I am not kidding.  And his name was SMITHY, and he was
wearing an oversized ribbed sweater, undoubtedly to cover up his slim
physique and draw attention away from his firm bottom.  He was precious, and
I considered checking the Married by America website to see if he will be
appearing on any other reality tv shows in the future.

This is all very weird.
And with that, I go into lurk mode once more.
Kisses,
Jenn P-B

*The premise of this show is that successful, gorgeously chiseled singles
who have had a tough time with the whole romance thing and are ready to get
hitched are presented a panel of suitors.  America votes and then they get
married on air!  Isn't it great?  The contestant's family & friends prepare
questions for the 5 suitors along the lines of "Barbara really loves her
cats.  How do you feel about changing the kitty litter?" and "You studied
Philosophy in college.  How can you possibly provide for our daughter?"
Then the suitors respond with scripted 1-sentence answers that say
absolutely nothing about themselves.  Gosh, this is all starting to sound a
bit like the 2000 election.  I'm not sure who appoints the fiancee at the
end of the show--I didn't watch after Smithy was voted off Suitor Island.