Sinister: Mousse T vs Hot'n'Juicy

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Thu Mar 6 10:48:00 GMT 2003

Hello Sinister.

I have exams next week. Oh, how I long to do my last ever exam. That won't
be for about a year, though. So, I should be revising, which is probably why
I'm writing this post.

I made a little musical discovery last week, which may be quite out of date
for most of the discerning cognoscenti on Sinister, but still it's worthy of
note, I think. Said discovery comes in the form of Erin McKeown. Her music
is lovely; all bluesy folksy zany acousitca. I'm yet to see any pictures,
but her voice might make me spill my tea, if I weren't so averse to the
beverage.

Mark mentioned "spurts of B&S", which made me chuckle, in a juvenile way.

I've also been listening to rather a lot of Lemon Jelly, too. I've been a
fan for rather a while, and I went to see them play in Manchester the other
day. We got given party bags with balloons and badges and pens as we went
in. There wasn't a support band; instead, we all played bingo, and it was
very humourous. The reason I mention it, aside from their obvious
brilliance, is that it reminded me of B&S's more unorthodox side - playing
golf on stage, bringing out steel drum players half way through a gig. I
like stuff like this which is just a bit unpredictable.

I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of Trever Horn, although I'm disappointed
by the lack of smutty comments from the list given his gift of a surname.

The subject line is the answer to Mark Hester's question.

love,

Asm.x

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but
      he certainly has a good vocabulary"