Sinister: you know me, i take nothing seriously.

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Fri Mar 7 06:07:09 GMT 2003

hi there sinister,
you're looking lovely - so many new and old email-faces in the last
few weeks (steven kado! robots! the signified! etc!). and, like,
reporting on struan in the bath, hello, new sinister heights of
Reporting Back, oh yes :) Yes, i've been keeping up despite the snow.

i'd like to second the praise of The Hidden Cameras. they are good
stuff. press:
http://www.nowtoronto.com/issues/2003-03-06/cover_story.php , which
compares them to who? yes, belle and sebastian, noneother.
you can listen to a studio session here:
http://www.justconcerts.com/concerts/concert.cfm?Concert_Id=98&Concert_IsLive=0
eegh, that's an ugly link. however, it includes video footage (some
of which features s.kado giggling). and also, they're on *rough
trade* now. *and* they sometimes have t-shirts that say "music is my
boyfriend"! how great is that? i bet that even the ever-hetero,
ever-at-least-partially-well-intentioned mark casarrrrotto wants one.

i also heart the aisler's set, but, like my love for ken chu's
witticisms and ways with a collander, this has already been
established many times over.

sometimes i wish i were in the uk and/or europe so i could go to
clubs and shows and elite brighton beach beer-tasting festivals. i've
done it before. and i want it again. but i've got the snow to keep me
warm! no, that doesn't work. i've got libraries and on-line databases
and a whole wack of friends who can't get enough of big words and
intra-departmental flirting. spring is certainly about to be
springing and one can only worry/hope about what the shedding of
winter clothing will promote... how long will the so-called,
self-imposed moratorium on kissing last? how... long...??

the more i think about the new cronenberg film "spider", the more i
really really love it. this is always the way with me n' cronenberg.
i should be so lucky to find myself in a romantically similar
position: initially lulled by what appears to be traditional
narrative only to realize a certain creeping up of being creeped out
and then to be mesmerized and wanting more, and then to be, yes,
leaning my blissed-out head against the shoulder of Great Ideas in a
corner at some party where it's getting late but no one wants to go
home.

would that it were. or that it would be. or... well, what i really
need is a haircut. and some kind of small wearable/portable computer
that doesn't clash with my style or mutable identity. or, for that
matter, crash with it.
oh, i can spell love, but my keyboard doesn't have those keys.
fashion!
technology!
new lifestyle ideals!
robyn!

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Montreal, QC