Sinister: my obsession with chess and girly underpants :)

Francisco López noticias at xxx.com
Fri Mar 7 18:32:47 GMT 2003

Stefano's post felt like written by me (well, maybe it was good writing, but
besides that...) (keep on reading, it will actually start to talk about
music and, eventually, belle and sebastian)

I'm allways obssesed with something. A few years ago it was french comics,
then operative sistems programming and now, yes, chess. I'm not actually a
"player", i play as bad as a 3 year old, but i'm not interested in that. I
love chess: the "clack!" from the clock, the look on the faces while opening
and the brainy part. I mean, i love chess but not to play it, just to think
it... Yes, i admit it, i'm a weird guy, but what can i say?..
I love reading about modern gaming and stuff, but playing it doesn't seem
like a great idea. Maybe it's beacause of what Stefano said, i don't like
the whole winner and loser thingy. I can't even stand to be the winner.
Seriously, i jsut can't... But i still love the game.
As a chess-lover geek, i asist to "important" games over here... And it's
kinda funny, because i'm not the chess-player protothype. Last game i showed
up to, i was wearing a "i don't have a boyfriend but if it boders you i
will", self-made t-shirt and a cd player...
During the opening i was listening to loveley belle and sebastian, of
course. The song was "fox in the snow" and it was perfect for the ocation:
It was a match between and old master and a really young player. I mean,
looking at that guy's face... poor kid. He seemed really scared and fragile
and you just felt the need to hug the guy and tell him not to be affraid...
Then, while he was winning (and forcing the other guy to moves on a new way
that i had never seen before), i played "electronic renaissance". And, of
course, the guy winned...
After the match i showed up and talked to the player a little bit. I was
listening to b&s thru my earphones, that were really loud and guy said "hey!
you were listening b&s while i was playin? that's so cool!"...

I don't know why the hell i'm writing this, i just love chess... It seems
like manny of us twees play the game... I thought that i was special
*sigh*...

Bleh, don't read this, i just have nothing better to do,
Greetz from the country in wich you drink mate instead of tea,
Silly Fran

PS: Just a question: What's the average price of a cd single in the UK?