Sinister: Hello, My name is Nora Barnacle

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Fri Mar 7 19:40:46 GMT 2003

Hi everyone.  I haven't posted in awhile.  I figured
you were all missing me desperately.  :o)

THIS ISN"T ART FOR ARTS SAKE, THIS IS ART FOR FUCKS
SAKE!

I love that quote.  Gavin Friday said that back in the
day when he was an angry youth from the northside of
Dublin.  I must say that I have gotten very into the
Virgin Prunes of late though.
Speaking of Ireland (for a change :o), i found a
lovely web site the other day.  it is a gaelic
translation page.  It gives various menus; ie: saying,
greetings, colours, etc.  Then there are audio files
of this man saying everything, so as to get the
pronunciation right.  It also has a list of places
where you can get information on places in your area
to take courses in gaelic.  I am so tempted to enroll,
i am also horrified. there just seems to be no sense
of phonetics there.  it scares me. I should be more
like Dirty vicar, he is always taking classes on how
to speak extremely intimidating languages.
 I could easily spend 6 or 7 hours at this web site
though.  that scares me about myself.  :O)

DRESSED UP LIKE A CAR CRASH, YOUR WHEELS ARE TURNING
BUT YOU'RE UPSIDE DOWN

it snowed here this week.  i was praying for so much
snow that i wouldn't have to work. we didn't get so
much snow that i didn't have to work.  we did,
however, get enough to require a snow day for the
eldest of my charges.  zoiks!  it was great though.
we spent a couple of hours playing in the snow.  i
hadn't done that in aaaaages.  kevin from our beloved
sinister told me about a sledding excursion he and his
croanies went on a few weeks back.  i'm so jealous.
sledding rules!  :o)

A PESSIMIST IS ONE WHO FEELS BAD WHEN HE FEELS GOOD
FOR FEAR HE'LL FEEL WORSE WHEN HE FEELS BETTER

did you know that there used to be celery flavoured
jell-o?  there was indeed.  coffee flavoured too.
personally, i find this a disgusting thought, but who
am i?

I AM WHO I AM WHO I AM.  WELL, WHO AM I?

i was supposed to start school this weekend.  my
school decided to restructure the academic programme,
so that has been postponed.  of course they had to do
this NOW, just as I was getting all excited about
starting classes again.

I AM NOT AN AARDVARK!  I AM A FURRY BLUE MONSTER, AND
PROUD TO BE ONE!!

so st. patrick's day is approaching.  it falls on a
monday this year, that doesn't really work for my
schedule.  i usually have a big party for SPD.  this
year i think a group of friends and I are going to go
to this place called Gaelic Park.  Apparently all of
the hip Irish Chicagoans go there.  We'll see about
that.  I sort of have a feeling it is going to be a
crowd of people who have names such as "Mulcahy" or
"Fitzgerald" who hail from Indiana or some such place.
 That's not what I want.  I want real live Irish
people.  I suppose I would settle for some Brits or
Scots, though I can't imagine they would want to hang
round Gaelic park on SPD.  hmm?  I wonder.

SHE BLINDED ME WITH SCIENCE

so the eldest of my charges has gotten bored with the
art projects that we have always done.  the trouble
being, the ones a scoach more complicated are things
that i would have to do the majority of.
i found a solution.  we have started doing science
experiments.  i always call her Newton now, she
doesn't really get it.  she is very into science
though.  i think her parents are quite impressed that
i have been planning such sophisticated things though.
 woo hoo!

onto somethings i have learned from my new favourite
web site:

Seán is aimn dom.....this would be "My name is Sean"
this would be helpful were my name actually
Sean....Now I am just confused.  Am I to lie whilst
introducing myself in Gaelic?

Póg mo thóin! .....kiss my ass!  not very friendly,
but could serve to be very helful!

so to catch you up on things as they stand now...

today is  Dé hAoine.
it is  an Geimhreadh
i have a dó  deartháirs
and a cúig  deirfiúirs

have a lovely weekend everyone.

Go n-ithe an cat thú is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

~stine...erm, i mean sean.  :o)