Sinister: a final term paper

kevin m. clair clairk at xxx.edu
Sat Mar 8 00:35:24 GMT 2003

As it is the season of final papers and such, I imagine this e-mail will
contain political science-style citations, though I can't say for certain.

I. Chicago, Illinois.
Stine (C. Irene 7.3.03) says, "this year i think a group of friends and I
are going to go to this place called Gaelic Park.  Apparently all of the
hip Irish Chicagoans go there."

Well, as neither Irish nor Chicagoan, but rather of Irish descent and from
the general Chicago area, I couldn't say for certain whether that's true.
What I can say for certain is that I'll be In Chicago! on the 17th March,
as that is the day my plane from Minnesota lands at the airport for spring
break.  This should be an exciting event for me; I've only ever seen the
river turned green on television, and also I'll be going to see the Streets
live and in person that very day.  I'm sure other adventures will make
themselves known to me in future, but for now the part about being in
Chicago again after, um, a month, is the part that I like the best about
this.

II. How to Be Popular.
I seem to have joined the blog webring which idleberry (R.^Sec 24.2.03) is
in the business of maintaining.  Although my blog is not yet the most
popular site on the inter-web, I think that should probably happen in a
week or two.

III. Recent Weather Occurrences.
Many mentions of snow have occurred in passing lately (C. Irene 7.3.03;
rrrrobyn 7.3.03).  Unfortunately, I cannot yet add to that number, as
lately I've been jealous of the snow others have gotten whilst here all we
get is cold weather and everyone, myself included, getting sick from it.
However! we're supposed to get a bunch more snow tonight, which makes up
for it a little.  I'll have to spend all my Saturday inside, though, asking
trivia questions to people and awarding them points if they answer
correctly.  That's the sort of thing I do with my weekends.  Only usually I
have to answer them myself.  This generally doesn't have anything to do
with the weather, although sometimes there are questions about clouds.

IV. The Aislers Set.
I don't get to see them play live due to the miracle of birth, and the fact
that it occurred seven months too late for me to be 21 on time to get in.
But I finally got the copy of the new album I ordered like three weeks ago,
and I like it quite a bit.  It reminds me in parts of the movie
"Breathless" for some reason, and anything that makes me think of the
French New Wave must be good.  I think I'll listen to it again now.

In conclusion, the football season I'm playing on the Nintendo right now
isn't going as well as it was at first.  But I should write a paper anyway.

In like a lion, out like a lamb,
-kevin

Sources Cited*
Irene, Christine.  "Hello, My name is Nora Barnacle."  Sinister, 7th March
2003.
Retro^Sec.  "picnics, anthems, and blog rings."  Sinister, 24th February
2003.
rrrrobyn.  "you know me, i take nothing seriously."  Sinister, 7th March
2003.

---

"You should never wear your best trousers while going out to fight for
truth and freedom."  -- Henrik Ibsen