Sinister: Woah, neddy!

Hewitt, Stephen S.Hewitt at xxx.uk
Wed Mar 12 12:38:28 GMT 2003

Ello babies

Blimey is it that time of year again?  The cheltenham festival is upon us
once a year, and unlike all those unsavoury music/book/theatre festivals
this one gives you a chance to win POTS OF MONEY as it is a festival of
HORSE RACING.  Also it gives you a chance to lose pots of money, but there
you go...

In previous years I have (following andrew tracey's lead
http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/199903/msg00281.html) picked
horses with appropriate sinister-related names and recommended them to the
list, generally to NO USE at all.  Then yesterday I picked FOUR WINNERS and
a second in the first five races, so I have decided not to recommend any
horses this year as this was clearly putting some sort of voodoo on me
betting (NB I was doing a placepot so as my pick in the sixth race was a
real actual three-legged donkey picking the first four winners effectively
came to nought).

And if it's cheltenham, then it must be almost time to book GLASTO tickets.
We have had sini-meetups at the last two festivals (well last year was a
meeting of the tribes really as it featured sinis, bowlies, ilx0rs, and
various random others), and look there's even a little sub-list to join and
everything:

And if it's almost time to book glasto tickets then it must be almost almost
picnic season, yay!!

Also, blimey, kieran used paragraphs ;)

Where are my glasgow tickets?  Everyone else seems to have theirs and I
booked mine on the first day and everything...

Like robin I am also intending to get over to embra at some point in my trip
up north, but still working out details.

Last night I went to see THE CHALETS who are GREBT and RAWK and everything.
Did I dream someone asking if they have an album out and if not, was it
here, or in another place?  THE CHALETS, of course, feature an
ex-sinisterine (Ms Paula Cullen BOOZE EXPLOSION), but this isn't the sole
reason for their smashingness, and I think I agree with DV about them
becoming rockier, but this not being a bad thing.

Also also blimey! Old skool lurkers ahoy, eg, KADO, PEET, MAY, MIKKELSEN,
NOH etc etc

See you soon kids

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

PS surely it's also time for some more sinister bowling action?