Sinister: Cobham 0 - 5 AFC Wimbledon

Mark Casarotto boyincorduroy at xxx.com
Wed Mar 12 21:35:43 GMT 2003

Gah.

Dear Sinister, READ THE FAQ. Even you, Peter Miller,
Stuart Gardiner and the other much-beloved dinosaurs.
It's amazing how easy it is to forget how things are
meant to work on this list.

I apologise for being snarky in my last post, but I
was not being rude without reason. Sinister is about
looking out for each other, and occasionally that
means pointing people back in the right direction if
they head off the right track. I know it seldom
requires the "nasty cop" routine (see apology above),
but I'm approaching my 6th year on the list, and I
have a fair idea what goes and what doesn't, even if
the latter is sometimes me.

What certainly doesn't is insulting someone by
arbitrarily comparing them to a group of people they
have nothing in common with and have never met.
Joanne, I'd sort out that chip on your shoulder, it's
unbecoming and it's dripping grease down your front.

I notice on my Yahoo account that there is the
opportunity to send money with this email. If I did
so, would you have to share it amongst yourselves or
would all 1,400 of you reap a separate windfall?

In other news, I'm back in the USA. I like it here.
Denver's glorious spring sunshine has already turned
my pate a shade of uncommon pink, and the
somehow-much-better-than-in-the-UK Dr Pepper is
regulatin' muh bowels splendidly, especially when
augmented with vanilla.

I have watched my first ever game of lacrosse, too,
cheering as the victorious Denver University Pioneers
crushed the hapless Bisons (I didn't get where they
were from) 11-8. Go Pioneers! I am even contemplating
getting a DU hooded top. Is that so wrong?

I also met some old-skool sinisterines in New York
City on my way. They rock, a lot, and I owe two of
them in particular a big thank you. And I've now seen
snow in NY. A major desire in my yank-culture list of
must-dos can now be crossed off.

Standing at Somerville, NJ train station the other day
I saw a pool of vomit. As everyone knows, vomit must
obligatorily contain pieces of carrot, regardless of
the diet of the vomitor. Not this puddle. Framed
attractively in the centra was AN ENTIRE, LARGE
CARROT. It's a crazy, crazy world.

DV, how was the better, more nicer and fun B&S list
meet-up? I hope there'll be a full report.

Signing off, your man in CO,
Mark xxxxx