Sinister: your obsessions get you known

Ellebelle elle_jane1 at xxx.uk
Sat Mar 15 19:50:51 GMT 2003

i'm being a bit obsessed with jonathan david and
carriage clock at the moment. not quite sure where it
came from. i simply woke up one day and had to listen
to them. and again. i must be really annoying the girl
in the flat above me. mind you, that'll teach her to
stop being so loud in her appreciation of her
boyfriend's sexual prowess. i really don't want to
know but she's not leaving me much option. it's most
distasteful. good word, that.

most amused to read Kieran's post about his English
teacher's approach to plagiarism. a sadistic breed,
teachers. especially ones of the English (subject)
variety. they were the ones who didn't have friends at
school, instead prefering to sit in the corner with a
book. why did they become teachers themselves? because
they didn't have the imagination to do anything else
and because they wanted the excuse to carry on reading
to themselves, in a corner, without anyone paying them
any attention. i had two amazing English teachers:
sally ellias and rob stanley. rob, in particular,
didn't mind wearing jumpers him mum had knitted him
"look, she dropped a stitch here, and had to catch it
up later" and would often stop everything to exclaim
"wonderful poetry". Mrs Ellias was also cool, but
really lovely with it. all the boys fancied her, and
most of the girls did as well.

i've finally taken the life-changing decision to get a
cat, well two kittens, actually. it's proving more
difficult than i thought. i've got to be checked and
stuff. bit scared about that. also proving difficult
to think of names. and this is where i have a bit of a

favour to ask. Honey, would you mind if i name one of
my (as yet non-existent) cats 'Honey'? hoping that's
ok does anyone have any suggestions for the other
name? or suggestions for good pairs of names. let me
know. i don't have an imagination, you know. i just
sit
in the corner reading books.

finally got this developed:

in this one the girl is crying. it really doesn't
matter though as you can see it's a wonderment sort of
crying. it's a wow, i'm walking up westminster
surrounded by more people than i've ever seen in
my life and none of us wants war and we're doing
something about it. it's a magic sort of crying. it's
a embarrassed sort of crying. she really doesn't mean
to but it's a bit amazing being by yourself among so
many when you're all there for the same reason. you
can see her gloved hand is trying to wipe away the
tears as she doesn't really want to cry on a thing
like a peace march and she's trying to make it look
like she's not actually crying. but for some reason
she is. you can see faces all around her. if you
listen carefully you can hear it's really quiet.
people aren't talking or shouting at this bit. you can
hear whistles in the distance but that just makes it
all a bit more eerie. it doesn't help her stop crying.

as i walked round town today i saw the redhill peace
protester. just opposite the 'real gold medallian' man
in the market there was a man with a huge banner round
his neck reading NO WAR. i think there was also
information about numbers of children who will starve
but i didn't stop to see. i now feel really bad about
that. how come i could manage to go to the london
march but not stop and support one guy who's doing
something far braver. standing up for your ideas and
beliefs in redhill is not something to be taken
lightly. i mean, the big issue guy is established and
most people stop to have a chat with him (he's a nice
guy). the 'repent or feel the wrath of the lord'
people turn up in a group of 3 or 4. this chap was by
himself and i just walked on.

finally,
i'd like to set the record straight: Mr Mark "I never
got to be a prefect and i'm still damaged due to this"
Cassarotto *demanded* a spelling test  for some
reason. THere's no way i would inflict speling tests
on peple without haveing the ansers in front of me.
There's danger I might even be asked to give a
spelling myself.

looking forward to the big bowl and perky picnic. if
dafyd and james make it we will also experience the
very first outing of the surrey sinister massive.
rahhhhhhhhh.

elle