Sinister: WAR - what is it good for?

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Mon Mar 17 01:06:36 GMT 2003

If you support the war against Iraq - I hate you. Well, not you personally,
but your opinions. Hate the sin, love the sinner, that's my motto.

Mark C., meanwhile, was asking how the meetup of the other B&S hobby in
Nottingham went. Actually, it was a lot of fun. Spread over two nights it
was, the first being us lot gatecrashing a Track & Field Night. There I met
two Sinister subbers, Big Stu and Robin Stout. The latter turns out to be
another split allegiance kind of guy, meaning that he also came to the
purely Bowlie meetup the next night. Big Stu remains true to Sinister and
was only at the T&F night. We discussed issues surrounding the interviewing
of B&S, something he has done and I haven't. The T&F night was fun. Being in
a club where they are obliged by law to play B&S at least once every hour
was a bag of fun, particularly as they at no point played 'Legal Man'. Top
marks.

The following night was the strictly Bowlie bit of the weekend. although not
that strictly Bowlie - you could walk in off the street and go to it, if you
had the hireys. A source of some concern on the Bowlie forum is the lack of
an identifier for forum regulars, there being none of this upside down badge
business to indicate who is a friend and who is not. Anyway, I was one of
the DJs at this amazingly brilliant event, starting off with Edwin Starr's
'War' and thereafter playing a somewhat rockist set. Everyone seemed to
enjoy themselves, I know I did. I also managed to introduce the Rock Lock to
the Bowlies, raw power.

Of course, it probably wasn't as much fun as has been had in ye olde days of
this here sinistere liste from before I was a subber, but I wouldn't know
about that. It does seem at times as though the great days of Sinister
meetups are behind us, and were indeed already over before I signed up to
this list. But of course, I'm sure that there will be a monster Sini-picnic
in Glasgow the day B&S play there in May. There will, won't there? I am sad
that I will not be there, but my ministry requires that I be elsewhere.

someone mentioned that I'm always going on about popular band The Chalets.
Well, I've just been to see them. They are still the best band that Dublin
has ever produced. Sadly, Dublin audiences are a bit under appreciative of
them. Nyeh, who cares? Prophets are never appreciated in their own town.

time to go now.

bless you all,

DV