Sinister: Come and buy my toys!

hannah brown pass_the_peas85 at xxx.com
Mon Mar 17 16:19:01 GMT 2003

hello peeps,

Mmm what a strange few days i've had. I started with the discovery that the
drummer of Ikara Colt is on my printmaking course, i found this out because
there was a picture of him in a music mag, i consulted him about it and it's
true, very odd.

Then on thursday i went to town in search of some Strawberry Alarm Clock, a
cool 60's band. Whilst searching (and failing) to find them, i decided to
buy some more Yo le Tengo. I picked one up that looked interesting and
bought it. On the bus home i had a look at it. All the writing was in purple
and it had a picture of a bloke on the front with the words "small little
f@@ker with a high voice", i looked for the bands name but it wasn't there.
Then i looked at the track listing and saw a song called 1999. "Hang on" i
thought, and made a little equasion in my head:

      purple+little+high voice+1999= christ i've bought a Prince record!

I'm not greatly keen on Prince and thought i must have been really stupid to
accidently buy it. So i thought i'd try and take it back the next week.
Well, i got home and put it and and christ almighty it's only Yo Le Tengo
doing Prince covers and it's absolutely chuffing Brilliant, it may even
convert me into liking Prince more. I also bought that Interpol album and
was surprised at it's fruity goodness. My flatmate recons that buying
records is like taking vitamins, i think i would agree with him but i don't
think it would cure cifallis (if that's how you spell it).

I saw a dead fox on the road last night, it's guts were spewed out across
the road and it was rather depressing. It wasn't there this morning so i
reckon it got up and put its guts back in it's stomach, cursed a bit and
waddled off. hmmmm, i need a holiday

great yeh! love hannah b