Sinister: OT: UK listees make your voice heard

Geoff Sheridan geoff_sheridan at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 17 16:57:32 GMT 2003

This is political - if that is likely to offend you please disregard
this message. Flames welcome, but off-list please. Bear in mind it
qualifies for list-space by containing satire and at least one
reference to Belle and Sebastian. <= That was it. I am also convinced
that our fey Scottish popsters of choice would have mentioned Chomsky
(see end) in a song by now were it not so damnably difficult to rhyme
with. Just like 'Orange'.

It looks like there may shortly be a vote in the UK parliament on the
war in Iraq.
If you are interested, you can make your voice heard. Here's how to
find out who your MP* is:
http://www.locata.co.uk/commons/
You will find a link to contact them by email.

Then if you are *in favour* of the war in Iraq, simply copy and paste this:

I am writing to express my support for the government's position on
Iraq. I admire your resolve to go the UN route - it's not your fault
that you failed to convince anyone but Spain to agree with you. On
the contrary, this just proves that the UN doesn't work. What good is
an organisation which cannot be bullied or paid-off to rubber-stamp
American foreign policy? So in future I don't think you should bother
with that 'talking shop'.
No, I think our military killing machine will do the talking just
fine from now on.

OR if you are *against *:

You clearly have a brain - write your own. You might want to include
the latest Amnesty International estimates that 50,000 civilian
Iraqis will be killed and 500,000 injured.
http://public.amnesty.org.uk/iraq has an online petition and a
suggestion for a form of words. If war breaks out then follow the
advice at http://www.stopthewar.org.uk/

If anyone would like to join me on a Sinister March-nic in London
this Saturday 22nd, please mail me off-list.

Thanks for your time,

Geoff (better dressed than you since 1998)

* Find out how they voted last time here:
http://www.greenpeace.org.uk/Templates/
Still bored? Read Noam Chomsky's major works online for FREE here:
http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/books.cfm