Sinister: L� 'le P�draig

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Mon Mar 17 16:08:00 GMT 2003

Awww, hi everyone!  it is st. patrick's day!  my very
favourite holiday!

the weekend was nice.  saturday katie and i milled
about, as we do.  yesterday i loafed round the house.,
 i was going to go to the south side irish
parade....st. patrick's day is a HUGE deal in
chicago..particularly in the area which i now reside
in.  i heard on the  news that they anticipated
200,000 people would be there.  i said that that was
impossible, that parade gets that many people when it
is 20 degrees and snowing...yesterday was BEAUTIFUL.
sunny, 67 degrees....woo hoo!  anyway, i avoided the
parade.  i don't like people, they scare me.

instead katie and greg and i went to this lil pub in
elmhurst.  it was called McNally's and was just so
lovely.  there were real live irish people there when
we arrived.  we sat outside in the sun and chatted.
it was my first SPD without attempting to drink a pint
of guinness.  i have never been one to imbibe, now i
can't due to illnesses/medications.  oh well.
this establishment played only irish artists, u2 (rare
u2 at that), thin lizzy, van morrisson....the usual
suspects.  then i said "i would be so impressed if
they played rory gallagher"  and guess what.....they
did!  aww, i was so happy.

today is yet another glorious day in chicagoish.  the
downside being the eldest of my charges has the
stomach flu.  she has proceeded to throw up every 30
minutes or so since last night.... i think i have
about a 15 minute window right now.  yick!  how
absoluetly vile...or bile, as it were.  :o)

so the lovely mr kevin clair is heading back to these
parts today.  hopefully he and i can get together this
week.

also, i checked my inbox this morning to find an email
from eoin and a post from dirty vicar.  could this day
be any better?  well, i suppose if i were no longer
getting vomited on it would improve greatly.  :o)

ah well.  i have nothing to say really, i just
couldn't let my favourite holiday pass without a post.

love to you all~

Lá 'le Pádraig!!!!

~stine