Sinister: How many people are feeling sinister now?

sinkingpie sinkingpie at xxx.com
Thu Mar 20 19:39:50 GMT 2003

"How many times must the cannonballs fly, before
they're forever banned"

I feel an apology is in order to everyone, because
this is another post that may slightly more than touch
on the subject of war.

My views on this much discussed subject are simple. It
seems to me that intentionally taking away the life of
another human being is fundamentally wrong (certainly
if they're unwilling, we can save euphanasia debates
for a rainy day). Forget about hypocritical
politicians, forget about oil, the simple fact is that
people will die. By this, I mean all of the people
that will die. Including those doing the killing in
the first place.

A lot of people took part in both protests, and
"protests" today where I live. During breaktime at
school a number of people from other schools showed
up, presumably in an attempt to increase their numbers
(I suspect this may have been a "protest" rather than
a protest). This didn't please the staff at my school
much, neither did the ensuing attempt by a fairly
small number of people deciding not to attend lessons.
I do feel that these gestures were more to get out of
lessons than due to an actual opposition to war,
although that is of course a generalisation, and I'm
sure some of the people were very genuine.

Three fire engines showed up shortly after this, after
someone decided that setting the fire alarm off would
be an excellent idea for a protest. I wasn't entirely
convinced, and I have to think that a lesson on
gas-liquid chromatography may have been more useful...

Reading through what I've just written, I fear I may
not actually have said much, so I apologise for that.
But I do think its important for everyone to let
people know how they feel. Just hopefully in a more
appropriate way than setting fire alarms off (rumours
also suggested that protestors set fire to BHS,
although I think that may be from rather unreliable
sources, and quite what anit-war protestors have
against BHS I don't know. any ideas anyone?).

Finally, on an entirely unrelated note, Ballboy are
playing on John Peel tonight, and I do suggest that
listening may be enjoyable (this isn't as unrelated to
B&S as it may first appear, allow me to explain.
Ballboy are fairly heavily influenced by hefner, and
an early hefner single (or EP?) had someone from B&S
(can't quite remember who) playing keyboards on the
B-side. a tenuous link I agree).

Thanks for reading this, its a nice feeling that I may
have shared my views with some other people (even if
no-one reads this, I'll think they have). Perhaps our
representatives in london will have a sudden change of
heart. We live in hope.

The answer is blowing in the wind.