Sinister: pointless pondering

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Thu Mar 20 21:32:41 GMT 2003

It was a really lovely day today. I felt quite lazy,
even though there were things to do. There are always
things to do, even when I'm not wanting things to do.
But its coming towards the end now, and the elections
are finally visable on the metaphorical horizon. I've
decided to take some time off work during dissolution,
and head down south to Englandshire, and holiday like
its 1983. Woo hoo. I know how to have a good time.

The kids were out on the streets again today.
Recently, its been like walking through the middle of
the Festival in August, when nipping out for lunch.
Only with horses - real ones with wee visors, rather
than pantomine ones.

I read Casarottos post, and may I just remind you:
Picnics are not big and not clever, but hell, they're
fun. And may I also remind you of Lucy, the punkin'
instigator, and her idea of the pre-gig picnic for May
the 17th in Glasgow. Soap, optional*.

I was sitting on the train the other day, and as the
train pulled into this rather nice little station I
saw something. The station isn't in the nicest part of
town, just one of those little suburby areas, that is
neither on the verge of town or city. Where the shops
consist of bathroom suites, furniture and mortgage
lenders. It had a little white picket fence around the
station, which I always thought was a rather quaint
touch. And there was this man, with his pink thingy
out, taking a slash. I looked before I had chance to
turn my head in disgust. Why do men have to pee
outdoors? Is it some caveman territorial marking
thing? Whats the point in having urinals in toilets
indoors, when they always end up going outdoors
anyway? Maybe its out of consideration for the people
who work in places and have to clean the toilets. But
I wish he could have gone behind a bush or something,
so I didn't have to see it.

I've been trying to get hold of an Aislers Set record,
from somewhere. My local record shops don't seem to
stock it. Grr.

I apologise. I'm rambling now and I've become dull in
my old age.

love

idles

*Its Glasgow, afterall. THAT WAS A JOKE.

=====