Sinister: Lust is in the air...

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 24 19:48:32 GMT 2003

Hi to Sarah, good to hear from you. Wait, this isn't just meant to be about
personal messages, is it. Well I'm sure everyone else out there enjoyed
reading your report as much as I did. All the things I'd forgotten. Like
what everyone was wearing (or not wearing in Stuart's case...). At least now
everyone knows I wasn't making it up about watching Stuart take a bath. And
I think I can now claim the record for having my name mentioned most times
in a post that wasn't about me. Aah, happy memories. I'm looking forward to
seeing how it all ends up looking (my money's on me being on screen for
about 10 seconds in total...)

Respect goes out to Mr Miller, via Mr Moore, for possibly the most anoraky
piece of B&S trivia ever.

In other news, summer is here! Well, it seems like it at least. It's been
gorgeous and sunny and hasn't rained for over a week now. In fact, that
makes it officially better weather than a typical British summer. It's
amazing how much people cheer up when the sun comes out. It doesn't matter
if it's cold, or the pet budgie has just died, or we're at war, people are
always happier when the sun comes out. And everyone is determined to make
the most of it - it may only be about 14 degrees outside, but there are
people everywhere sunbathing and having barbeques.

Another good thing about the weather is that the Sunshine Sheilas come out.
All these really good looking women walking the streets. I don't know where
they hide the rest of the year, but the city is suddenly full of attractive
ladies. It even helped me get over my hangover by 3pm on Saturday (and that
takes some doing at times - I was five of the dwarves at various points on
Saturday morning, but there was no way I was going to be Happy until I'd
seen Doc...)

I hope there'll be lots of Sunshine Sheilas at the BOWLING and PICNIC in a
couple of weeks' time. I've not been to a Sinister meet-up for over a year
now, but I still remember well the fun, the conversation, the booze, the
football, the food, and the more booze. I hope to see you all there. And if
you're nervous or shy, don't worry, everyone is; by the time you've got
through a few cans you'll be chatting along with anyone... (And if you're
nervous about bowling, a one-legged five-year-old child with a blindfold on
could beat me most days). Of course, as if one picnic wasn't enough, it's
only a month after that until Glasgow; speaking of which, if anyone in that
fine city happens to be feeling kind and has a bit of floor space up for
grabs, I'd be very grateful...

In other other news, is anyone going to Glastonbury this year? Tickets go on
sale next week, and I can't decide whether to go or not...

In other other other news, I hear that Trevor Horn's other darlings, Tatu,
are going to represent Russia at the Eurovision Song Contest. Up the bum sex
in front of a hundred million viewers. Could be interesting...

In other other other other news, you should all go out and buy - or cheaper,
stay in and download - "Mala Vida" by Manu Chao. Because it may well be the
ultimate B&S song (complete with a 'Stevie' playing surf guitar, a 'Mick' on
the trumpet, and a 'Chris' going ape on the Hammond organ) but without any
of them actually involved. Surely a cover version has to be imminent. (As
regular readers will know, it is unusual for me to be recommending anything
other that The Whitlams or the equally great - and equally Australian - My
Friend The Chocolate Cake; so you know I'm serious about this one)

Answers to Sinisterines' questions: Yes, he does. Yes, we do. Will that do?

Big Stu