Sinister: everyday, it's a-gettin' closer

patrick doyle municipalpool at xxx.com
Tue Mar 25 14:50:08 GMT 2003

I believe it was Marilyn Manson who once said -

“How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?”

Then he started screaming in a highly frivolous manner,

I made my excuses and left.

afternoon,

How *does* it feel to be one of the beautiful people? I guess we’ll soon
see, when the most beautiful people of all gather in the name of picnicking,
circa May 17th 2003.
I believe it was Lucy Alder who first suggested the idea of making a weekend
of the Karen Dunbar gig at the Royal Concert Hall and I’ve been looking
forward to it ever since, even if it’s fifty-three days away. I shall be
there, complete with Physics revision books for my first and last exam on
the Monday after the gig.

I recently finished my first ever music video, to the music of the
Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner, which has been a lot of fun and has
pretty much determined that film production/direction is the kind of thing I
can see myself doing in ten years time or so. On the subject of videos, I
wonder when the DVD is going to be released; maybe they’ll sell them at the
Karen Dunbar gig in May, that’d be grand.

It was only in February of this year that I realised just how long it had
been since I’d been to a good old pop concert – so I decided to pop along to
Hyndland Church Hall, where Camera Obscura, Roy Moller and the Ladybug
Transistor played some great little numbers that even got a few of us up and
dancing in the aisles. Those clever Camera Obscura folks even managed to
colour co-ordinate their fancy new T-shirts to match my Keith FC scarf, I
was impressed and even a little touched by their thoughtfulness. Roll on the
new Camera Obscura album, I say.

If You Find Yourself Caught In Love is maybe one of the best Belle and
Sebastian songs I’ve heard in a long time, both lyrically and musically
superb and don’t even get me started on Step Into My Office Baby – those
Beach Boys-esque tones are enough to make a young boy sigh (a young boy
sigh). Roll on the new Belle and Sebastian album, I say.

Cheerio

Patrick x

http://www.secondsoflight.tk