Sinister: How long must we sing this song?

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Wed Mar 26 18:10:47 GMT 2003

Hello lovelies.  How are all of you doing?  Me,
Myself, and I are all doing well today.  I have had
some time off from work lately.  It's funny, I always
desire a holiday and now that I have one, I would
rather be working.  I am actually at work right now.
my computer resides here so I stop by every couple of
days to catch up on things.  As I sit here, the
answerphone beeps indicating that there is a message.
I feel tempted to go and press PLAY, so as to prevent
the future beeping of that infernal machine.  DAMN
THAT BOY AND HIS INFERNAL MACHINE!!!!  what book is
that from? huck finn?  i don't suppose he is of
relation to neil and tim finn?  at any rate.

Over the course of the past few days we have had some
lovely weather in scenic chicagoish.  Unforutunately,
geography prevented me from meeting up with the
dashingly handsome Kevin Clair.  Sort of ironic that
he returned to chicagoish from Minnesota...tomorrow i
am leaving chicagoish for Minnesota.  things that make
you go hmmm?

Minnesota should be fun.  I am driving there tomorrow,
by myself.  My Gram is tre worried about this.  She
said that I should not drive there alone.  I pointed
out to her that I had ventured off to Europe alone, to
which she replied "you're probably safer there."  hee
hee.  i love my gram, she is always worried about me.
I s'pose that is her job.  When I was little, I had
this very weird notion.  My grandparents, as some of
you may know, raised me.  I remember I would always
ask them to adopt me and they would always evade the
proposition.  Now I know this was because they would
never want to hurt my father like that.  Anyway, last
mother's day i was talking to gram and i explained
that, when i was young, i always thought that when I
was made, someone messed up somewhere and i got placed
in the wrong tummy.  very juvenile i realise, but that
is what i honestly thought.  i s'pose i still do think
that in a way.

dirty vicar is officially the most amazing person on
sinister!  (i realise that that was a complete change
in subject.  the aforementioned segue in no way
implies that dirty vicar had anything to do with whose
tummy i was placed in).  so i was all disappointed
because, yet again, my not living in Dublin has caused
me to miss something that i would SO not want to miss.
 previously these have included the brown thomas show,
any film premier in dublin, and the irish music
awards.  not to mention the fact that i am an ocean
away from the epicentre of principle management.
anyway, gavin friday (the man himself...professional
friend of Bono :o)  was doing a guest DJ spot.  Funny,
when I read that, I was thinking DJing at a club, not
a radio show.  once again, i put the duh- in dublin.
so i sent DV a lil note mentioning my frustration.  I
get a note back from him stating that he had recorded
the show for me!!!!!!   yay!!!!!!!!!!  i was so
happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  dirty vicar is so bad
ass, now it is official!

let me not forget to give props to the rest of my
lovely sinister massive (in alphabetical order)

Alex...who I have to write a song about
Eoin.....whose name I know how to pronounce
Jay with an E.....who keeps playing lyrical ping pong
with me
Ken Chu....our very own XXX
and Laura Llew...my digestive soul mate

i do love sinister so.  perhaps we should all pool our
money (of which i have none, sorry) and build a
sinister compound.  the sign would clearly read
SINISTER COMPOUND  so people would be afraid, not
realising that inside we would do little more than
listen to music, read alound, and generally be acting
twee.  of course we would have the occasional picnic
and bowling tournament as those things seem to follow
ken chu wherever he goes.

in other news:  a girl friend of mine called me
yesterday chanting raves of a new book of hers.  it is
titled something along the lines of HOW TO PLEASE A
MAN EVERY TIME or some such thing.  she was singing
the praises of this book, reading "a few passages" to
me (personally, i think she read the whole bloody
thing).  this stuff isn't rocket science, honestly.  i
think that there are things one need not be so
clinical about, just sort of go with the moment.  i
dunno, maybe it's me, but as i was listening to
suggestions on where to put ice cubes (in places that,
for me anyway, ice cubes just should not go) and
different techiniques for varying activities involving
licking, i was thinking "what the fuck are you on
about?"  of course, i would have no first hand
knowledge of such topics, my non-catholic friends have
told me stories though. no sir, my first kiss will be
at the altar.
 weird.  the thing i find stranger is that someone
would drop 30 quid on that book.

so here we are.  it is a bit overcast now...grr...
i think i shall head out for a run.  oh, who am i
kidding.  i say that i am going to head out for a run.
 i may even go so far as to actually intend to go out
for a run.  what will, more than likely happen is that
i'll get in my car, get swept up in whatever cd is in
play at the time, dream of getting a frosty from
wendy's and walk around the park eating said frosty.
ah well...best laid plans and all.

~lemon