Sinister: my twentieth century

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Sun Mar 30 21:44:05 BST 2003

>From baptism to alcohol

hi everyone.  here i am, at my very favourite of all
places: the library.  What is usually a pleasurable
experience has me riddled with irritation.  On my
quest for the collected plays of samuel beckett, i
have searched the library in a wild goose chase for
said collection.  i thought that i was just missing
some call number that was visible only to those
patient enough to see it.  nah.  i finally asked a
librarian for assistance.  much to my delight, she
couldn't find the bloody thing either.  i was
delighted in knowing that i wasn't being some
aggrevated crack head, it really was a devil of a
thing to find.  finally, we found it mixed in with the
movie section, not in the literary 800's as logic
would think it to be.  weird.  at least i wasn't the
only one who found it boggling.  now if only i can
find Casete/410/CHO.   grrr.
in spite of all of that, i really do love the library.

so i am back in chicagoish now.  my travels to
minnesota were nice, though i felt really ill
yesterday, so i returned a day sooner than
anticipated.  i wouldn't mind being sick in minnesota,
per se, i just didn't want to occupy the couch of my
cousin and his flat mate.  i didn't want to be in the
way so i thought it best to hop in the car, sing silly
songs, and head on home.
i didn't speed or anything, i was so proud.  i tend to
go a bit fast, esp on the highways and biways of
america.  I have heard many a horror story about
Wisconsin police though.  If you don't pay the $200
speeding ticket on site, you are taken into custody.
can you imagine, me being arrested?  though were i to
be arrested, it would be for something lame like that.

Inmate  #1:  I am in for murdering my husband and his
9 gay lovers with a spoon, I'm innocent though, I
swear!

Inmate #2: I am in for selling heroin to 6 year olds,
I'm innocent though, I swear!

Me:  Um, I'm in for.....going 73 in a 65...guilty as
charged.

see, lame.

ah well.  i s'pose i should go and search for noam
chomsky now.  grrr.   sodding dewey and his fucking
decimals...or lack thereof in this case.

irritating.

kevin, you are a library science major...help me!!!

jay with an e....you work in a law library, any
advice?

oh yes.  to clarify something.  in my last post, the
really angry one (as my posts go anyway), i mentioned
writing a dissertation.  i used dissertation in a
"lengthy paper often assigned to college or university
student" way more than a doctoral thesis kind of way.
no graduate school yet i'm afraid.  ah well.  i must
go, it's someone else's turn i gather from the evil
stare from this girl next to me.

love and decimals

~stine