Sinister: immerse your soul in love

Christine Irene competitionsmile at xxx.com
Fri May 2 19:29:00 BST 2003

don't you think that "Street Spirit" is an amazing
song?  i do.
so how is everyone today?  all is well on the
midwestern front.  i noticed something...usually the
first few lines of all of my posts are about the
weather.  i wonder why....i won't discuss the sunny,
cool weather we are experiencing today....i'm going to
live outside the box.  :o)

so i had a thought today.  i was thinking how fun it
would be to have a sinister gethering at six flags
great america.  perhaps i am alone in this
thought,....in which case i will go to the amusement
park alone and think of all of you as i hop from
roller coaster to roller coaster.
i love great america.

i emailed nigel godrich's manager the other day.  i
asked if i could interview him.  i haven't heard back.
 perhaps my letter got deleted immediately, i had to
try though.

i am on a music producers mailing list and, some time
ago, the topic diverted to tatoos.  i don't have any
tatoos, so i felt left out.  all that i had to
contribute to the discussion was this anecdote about
downers grove tatoo, and how they have testicles in a
jar there.

fast forward to 3 days ago.  during the course of my
music industry studies, i have found that 2 things
ring true consistently: 1) i am always the only girl
and 2)  not many people take me too seriously at
first...they think i am just there to shag the
musicians or something.
i posted to the aforementioned mailing list and posed
the questions  why are there so few women involved in
the technical and business sides of the industry and
do you think women are at an advantage or
disadvantage.

this has lead to great discussions.  as i went into
detail about some situations i have been in, i got
this reply from someone:

STINE, AREN'T YOU THE ONE NEAR THE PLACE WITH THE
TESTICLES IN A JAR? IF SO, ASK IF YOU CAN BORROW THEM,
YOU CARRY THAT JAR AROUND AND NO ONE IS GONNA MESS
WITH YOU!

hee hee.  i thought that was funny....too bad i find
the whole thing sort of creepy.  i always wonder where
they got the contents of that jar.  did someone donate
them? did someone not pay for a tatoo service
and...had to pay in another way?  hmm????

speaking of TaTu....when are people going to stop
buying the whole teenage-lesbian shtick?  probably
when they accept that marilyn manson really isn't 1)
paul from The Wonder Years or 2) a minister in the
church of satan.

we should compile a book of musics urban legends.
that would be funny.

well everyone.  have a lovely weekend.

love to you all

and much love to dirty vicar, whose Gavin Friday
cassette arrived at my humble abode a couple of days
ago!!!!  eeekk!!!

~stine