Sinister: Primavera meet-up and other stuff

elenita 99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Tue May 6 16:48:45 BST 2003

Dear Sinister,

Spring is back, sun stays out longer, when I get home at night there is
still light: soon it will be summer and summer is my favorite season. You
can lay in the park, hang around out late, wear sandals, and be generally
happier.

Sinister meet-up in Barcelona:
I know some people are going, at least 4 or 5 I am aware of. If there are
more of you, please email me off list (stating primavera in the title so I
don't delete you!) if you want to meet up. We will try to sort out something
with Mister Jordi in order to find a convenient meeting point before the B&S
gig on Friday. That is, if you want to meet up :)

Two weeks off is always nice:
I am coming back from holidays, and although work has been hectic since I am
back it was good to be away for more than a few days. I went to Tunisia for
more than a week, and it was good. And exciting also, and amazing in some
ways. I love travelling so much. I am even managing a few basic words in
Arabic, wooh!
I also went diving, it has been ages since the last time I did so, and
finding myself 20 meters under the sea with fish and corals all around made
me feel incredibly happy. I reckon I might have been a fish in a previous
life.

Mentioned in some posts a while ago:
I was fairly surprised to learn what a cankle is. I find this word fairly
interesting, to be honest. Someone also mentioned cloche hats. Cloche is the
French word for bell, I suppose the shape of this trendy accessory is
vaguely looking like a bell. There you go, more explanation. Also I shall
not forgot to mention that when you call someone a cloche in French, you are
calling them stupid. So use the word carefully.

Gigs coming up:
Spring is around, new records are plenty to be purchased and bands are
touring, including in France. I am trying to get tickets for a great
Canadian band called Tegan & Sara, who are touring Europe this month. People
in Madrid, London and some places in Germany: watch out they should play in
your town and they RAWK (at least their first album was, I cannot take any
responsability for the new one out soon).

Boys:
Boys are a pain in the bum. This is a fact.

On this desesperate note, I shall go back to the piles of work awaiting on
my desk.

May someone smile at you today,
Elena