Sinister: CAMRA Obscura

Robster and Liz rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Sun May 11 12:04:56 BST 2003

Liz:  Well, what with the mini-rash (hardly an
epidemic) of pastiches de la bourgeoisie, an idea
crept up on us as we loafed unproductively in the pub
(where else?) yesterday.  So, with mild headaches and
curry still under our fingernails, we present for your
singalong pleasure...

Rob:  *burp*

Liz:  Yes, dear.  And now for what I like to call 'the
entertainment':

SEEING OTHER PUBLICANS

We supped on a pint there
Drinking just for practice
Could we please pay the barman
'Cause the other boys are queueing up behind us
A hand over my mouth
I'm running to the Ladies
Well if I carry on bouzing and you just want a shandy
Then we should be OK, and it'd be kind of handy
If I didn't chuck up on the stairs
On the way to your bachelor-pad

How are you feeling?
I don't think you can be dealing
With the situation very well
You take a crate home for a dirty weekend, that's OK
But when it's over
You are looking at the working week through bloodshot
eyes, with a hangover
(hang-o-ver)

You're downing a pint now
Chugging on your bitter
And you can't understand why all the other boys are
going for the
New, tall, elegant, rich drinks -
You can bet it is a bitch, bint
But if they don't see the quality then it is apparent
That you're going to have to change
And you're going to have to drink real ale
You'll be better off
At least they know how to pour it

We supped on a pint there
Drinking just for practice
Could we please pay the barman
'Cause the other boys are queueing up behind us
A hand over my mouth
I'm running to the Ladies
Well if I just want a soft drink and you remain sober
Then we should be OK, and we'll remember when it's
over
We're finding other friends who aren't habitually
lathered
At least that's what we say we are doing

Rob:  That's it.  We're off for a fry-up.

Liz:  Ooh, I could just do with a half of London
Pride.

Much love,
  Robster & Liz :x
  (languishing in Portsmouth)