Sinister: nice day for a soup

kenneth.chu at xxx.org kenneth.chu at xxx.org
Tue May 13 10:26:03 BST 2003

Hello sinister,

OBH has sent me all the way back to sinister in order to post again.  On a
kind of Campbell theme today too.

Matt Campbell discovered something that costed him £13.50, and he was quite
annoyed, well, a week last Saturday I discovered something else, and now I'm
$200 poorer than before.  Online poker, I curse you.  And also Matt I'm not
one of those lucky beggars who got your loose change, argh, some dude now
has all of mine.

He was BLUFFING too, and I called his bluff but he won it on the river
killer.

Sigh.

And then Dean Dillon talked about Alphabet soup, which made me feel as if
I've Got My Finger On The Pulse there.  Because I've noticed the
disappearance of my beloved alphabet soup since January 2002...

http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/200201/msg00186.html

And apparently, they're still being sold in America as "Campbell's
Vegetarian Vegetable Soup" (as opposed to the vegetable soups that use
substitute vegetables which look like vegetables but are actually meat, to
cater for meatatarians - my favourite is the cucumber that is in fact a big
piece of pork).

In the UK, however, I have searched long and hard (well, looked in various
supermarkets) there is still no Alphabet Soup (vegetarian or not) to be
seen.  If anyone does find one then I'd be grateful to be informed of it!
The lack of said soup is effecting my spelling bye the minit.  innit.

Finally of course.. mmmmmm Isobel Campbell.  Okay I better check the rear
tyres for my car before driving up to Glasgow on Friday, see you later.

Ken
Proudly blogless since 1980

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.