Sinister: Blog Envy...

Ellie flyingfishstick at xxx.com
Tue May 13 14:08:23 BST 2003

The recent chatter about blogs (I prefer "online journal" -- in the words of Dave Elfving, a blog
"sounds like some sort of unfortunate medical condition") on this list has led me to re-evaluate
my own little log.  ...And yes, I suffer from blog envy.  A recent jaunt over to the Pocketbook
Angel webring lead me to interesting journals that chronicle the ever-exciting lives of
imminent hipsters and neglected colanders.  My own journal, on the other hand, has recently
hosted entries about the giant swordfish I saw at the market, another about how many people
I harrassed at Sunday night's free Paul McCartney concert, and another about the unfortunate
state of my hair.  (Certainly things worthy of remembering and sharing with passers-by).

In other words, I'm too embarrassed to share webring space with journals that are actually
worth reading; how about an alternative Sinister Blog List for the rest of us?  Surely there
must be at least one or two other Sinisterians who, like my self, have an unquashable
enthusiasm for sharing the mundane.

Also, I have been watching the list for any sorts of meetup announcements (I'll be somewhere
in the UK for most of July) but thus far no luck.  That, coupled with the fact that none of my
favorite British bands will be touring then has lead me to feel quite rejected.  Now, I'm not
saying that anyone should plan a July picnic simply because I'll be in town, I'm just saying
that *were* someone to arrange one, I would certainly show up.  That's all.

--E, proudly blogging the boring since Jan. 2001