Sinister: Green Wellies

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Tue May 13 15:53:36 BST 2003

Dear Sinister

I feel obliged to point out that Stouty missed the following puntastic
opportunities: Judy is a Chip Slap, A Century of Taters and Ease your
Frites into the Sea.  I'm bored at work, do you see?

But I'm jealous of Robin's potatoes!  In two weeks time, I am entering the
big, grown-up world of flat ownership and, though I won't have enough room
for veg, I'll at least be able to plant a border of lavender and put
geraniums on my windowsills.  There will be bumble bees and butterflies
and sparrows and probably earwigs, slugs and snails too.  And I will have
to do things like mow the grass and clip the hedge.  I've never clipped a
hedge in my life!  Now, if you could wax, shave or Immac privet, I'd be
just fine.  Sigh.

I was looking at Stuart's top 50 films and noticed that his number one is
the same as Ally C's number one - Annie Hall.  I quite like it too, but my
only problem with it is that Woody Allen is in it.  It always feels a bit
dirty, watching Woody Allen.  Especially in those grubby little white
shorts he wears as underwear and he lies down on the bed and tries to look
sexy with his little legs and fluffy hair.  Bleurgh, cringe!  Manhattan is
far worse and pervier though.  We watched it at the CCA not long ago and
the theatre stank of pish.

Juicy Lucy

=====
The one, the only Glasgow Indie List!