Sinister: bumbastic

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Wed May 14 12:01:39 BST 2003

I must say, all this talk about Glasgow picnic fashion has begun to get me
quite excited about the weekend. Not only will it be a belle and sebastian
extravaganza, but it's my dear Richard's 21st birthday and what better gift
than b&s? And a framed photo of me of course. So many people are flocking
here from every which way and... and... that's exciting. Yes.
(Please excuse my inability to form sentences. I've been studying law non
stop. Eeps.)
As for fashion... for those of you who will be here both Friday and
Saturday, use Friday as your dress-to-the-nines night. Winchester club. Go
schwanky. Go chic. Wear your best, most uncomfortable dancing shoes. Picnic
begs for comfort wear. Not only must you have room in your trousers for food
expansion, but even more importantly, DRINK expansion. Since that's clearly
what sinister picnics do best - promote drink. How else will shy boys and
girls come out of their shells? Plus, what if you must unexpectantly deal
with a river? Or other mud? Or impromptu football games? And just cos you're
a girl does not mean you're automatically exempt from any of these
activities. Erm. I've waffled on about this for way too long.
For those of you who aren't fortunate enough to be near enough to attend any
of the activities, may I suggest you get together with a friend and have
your own b&s extravaganza? It's the only thing that got me by when I was
stuck in far flung unfriendly places. Now I'm a spoiled b&s brat. But I
still sympathize. I'd be flinging venomous spittle in the direction of
anyone lucky enough to be attending big gigs and picnics and... grrrr.
I called te Guardian yesterday. It was scary. I was shaking. Are you proud?
I'm hungry. I'll let you be.
Bye

-stacey