Sinister: First gear, it's all right.

Eric Brasure e.brasure at xxx.uk
Mon May 19 21:12:22 BST 2003

Dearest Sinister,

Congratulations and such to David from Australia on his impending marriage.
Whenever I try to contemplate marriage, my mind refuses to help and instead
I end up passed out on the floor. Sometimes there's even a small puddle of
vomit. I don't understand how my parents managed to get married at the age
of 20. I'm nearly 23 and the thought of being married is enough to make me
want to go hide in the closet until the thought goes away. I'm just lucky
that I have a couple of spinsterish friends that I can live with. We'll have
a grand time filling our apartment with 20 year old copies of Glamour
magazine and old Charleston Chew wrappers.

I cut myself shaving today, too. It was so bad I took a small chunk of flesh
from the underside of my cheek; it bled for nearly two hours. Now I'm going
to grow one of those fantastic beards that all the kids have, like ZZ Top.

V. excited about the impending DVD release. Not v. excited by my impending
dissertation.

Yours,
Eric