Sinister: The University of Justin

therapy.services at xxx.org therapy.services at xxx.org
Tue May 20 09:50:08 BST 2003

Courtesy of the "Win a Phone" competition from the ever-fabulous Popworld.
Who Invented the Telephone?
a)	Bell and Sebastian
b)
.

Ho ho ho.

Did you hear? Belle and Sebastian played over the weekend. You wouldn't know
it from the LACK OF GIG REPORTING BACK.

Still, I bet it was great. I bet they played a bunch of old classics and a
few newbies. I bet Stevie looked hott. I bet they larked about on stage and
I bed Stuart did his little laugh which is just, so.

But I'd like to move it move it along now to some serious reporting back of
that other great concert of the weekend

It is such a great thing to go to a concert where the fans really make an
effort to scream and clap and dance and HAVE FUN and do things like making
banners and sticking the letter J to your chest, and U, S, T, I, N to your
mates' racks. Where people FAINT because they're so excited. Where Spencer
from Eastenders gets mobbed by people because, well, because "It's not
Justin but he's famous so he must have touched him so let's kiss him!".
Where there is a seemingly endless Mexican wave that lasts - I kid you not -
for five minutes. I haven't been to a gigantic pop concert since my days as
Take That groupie, and I can't tell you how great it felt to be back. Or
rather, I can.

The Timberlake spectacular was the rockingest popalicious groove of a
performance complete with flaming balls of fire! A five-minute Justin
beatbox free-for-all! Fireworks! Amazing visuals! Old School Tunage!*
Gravity defying dance moves! Justin playing guitar!** Props must also got to
he boy for turning "Cry Me A River" into an echoey gospel slice of genius
and "Like I Love You" was so wonderful /I/ almost fainted from the goodness.
Oh, and let me just mention, I've heard Justin say "DRUMS!" live. The finest
pop moment EVER and I get to hear it from the man himself. Swoon, swoon,
swoon.

Hoop Earring Girl: There were loads of guys there! I couldn't believe it.
And they knew all the lyrics - what's all that about? They must be gay. I'd
be a gayyer for Justin.

Frankly, I agree for it was very hard not to get down and go all Salt 'n'
Pepa over the phwoarness of Justin that night. Aside from sporting an awful,
awful black hip-hop wannabe tracksuit for a brief moment, he looked totally
hunkalicious and even wore a hipster arm sock at one point and oh my god -
MULTIPLE FEDORAS! Again with the yayness.

Next week: Marianna goes all ghetto on yo' ass when she watches Princess
Superstar do her thang.

This week I've also been basking in another pre-pubescent pastime. And yes,
I realise that most of you are all "that is so lame and boring", but having
grown up in a country that's prone to bush fires and thus banned them,
having fireworks go off in your own backyard is totally sweet. And it's even
better when you're watching it whilst  eating canapés and sipping on your
'nth glass of champagne.

Oh yes, I've moved from the frighteningly loud man in a fishnet vest locale
to posh North London and have shiny new fun housemates. Which has led to the
busy-ness of meeting all the passer-bys and dropper-ins and have been
repeatedly answering the "so, who are you?" question which would invariably
lead to me flashing my passport as proof that yes, despite the accent, I
/am/ Australian. Of course it was only later when, staring into my gin
martini in some random Soho bar that I asked (not entirely un-Zoolander
like), "Who am I?" Or rather, "How best to answer that inevitable question
that follows on from introductions?" And I thought, presently, I shall
answer it with "I am someone not to be trifled with!" together with some
vague declaration that I'm a mixture of Spaced's Daisy Steiner, Sex and the
City's Charlotte and The Basic Eight's Natasha. Although, plausibly, that
could be an incorrect description but it's one that I'm at least trying to
emulate AND I have the vampy vintage shoe zippo, ribbon headbands and insane
ideas and adventures to prove it. Of course, now I've realised I've picked
up the bug of self-awareness. Shit.

Relevance to come post-haste.

xx Miss Marianna

* Old School N'Sync tunage that is - "Girlfriend"
** I know, who would have thought? It smacks of Jason Orange to me, but who
cares when he wiggles his ass like /that/?

This email is confidential and intended solely for the person or entity to whom it is addressed.  If this email was not intended for you please notify the UCLH Mail Administrator at mail.administrator at uclh.org.
This footnote confirms that the email and attachments contained no viruses when they left UCLH.