Sinister: my post will go on...

Retro^Sec retrosec at xxx.uk
Tue May 20 19:20:21 BST 2003

Good day, sinister. Don't you just love Parklife by
Blur? I know I do.

Today I woke up at 7:30. I had originally set my alarm
clock for 6:45, as I thought I may need to wash my
hair. When the alarm clock went off at 6:45, I got up,
checked my hair, checked to see if it was brushable
using a round brush, and realising that it was, I went
back to bed.

The alarm clock went off exactly 9 minutes later. Why
oh why do alarm clocks go off nine minutes later once
you’ve hit snooze? What’s wrong with a nice round 10?
Well, I decided I wasn’t going to bother trying to
catch the early train, at 7:43, as I did that for the
whole of last week.  Oh crazy life.

I realised, when I checked the clock on my mobile
phone, which my alarm clock is exactly ten minutes
fast. I must have set it that way some time ago; to
make sure I got up and out of bed at a reasonable time
in the mornings. I am terrible for sleeping in. I once
went away on a business trip, and stayed at a hotel. I
had set my clock, but I must have hit snooze, because
I got a call from reception telling me that my
colleagues were ready to leave for the meeting. I
rushed around, and ran down the high street,
eventually catching up with them. Nobody ever forgot
about that.

So I lay in bed some more, this morning, sleeping.
Sleeping is so much fun, don’t you agree?

Then my alarm clock went off at 7:20. And I knew I
really had to get up. I had a quick shower, and then I
got dressed, and stood around my room trying to find
something suitable to wear. My white bra was in the
wash, so I couldn’t wear my white shirt. Additionally,
as I have gained some weight recently, I felt too
self-conscious to put on my clean suit. It fitted
properly when I bought it a few years ago, but now
it’s a little too snug, and shows my knickers line
beautifully. So I opted for my long brown cord skirt,
and a three-quarter length plum top, that is a bit
old, but still suitable for work.

I went to the kitchen. My mum was there, she was
considering going into town to do some shopping either
today or Thursday. As the weather looked promising
this morning – blue skies and sunshine – she decided
to go today.

She had kindly spread some flora onto two slices of
seeded bread for me, and made me some toast, with
strawberry jam on top. I usually make my toast with
only flora, as I cannot always be bothered dipping the
knife into the jam pot and risk having too much and
spilling it down my top. She hadn’t made me a coffee
though, although the kettle was not long boiled. So I
poured some hot water onto the coffee granules in the
bottom of my belle and Sebastian mug, and added two
slim teaspoons of white sugar, and a splosh of milk.

I then made my sandwiches for lunch. I had some
lunchmeat, on each slice, and added some pre-washed
salad from a clear plastic bag. Then I chopped three
slices of red pepper and put that on top. Then I put
the slices together, and cut it in half, length ways.
Then I got a sandwich bag and put the sandwiches into
that.

Then I went to the living room, and ate my breakfast,
and discussed the birds with my mum. Not as in sex,
but as in, actual starling chicks. They have just left
their nest today, and were apparently out on the lawn
for the first time, picking up anything they saw and
checking if it was edible. One picked up a leaf;
another picked up a little mound of dirt and didn’t
know what to do with it.

Then I went to my room, and put on my make up. After
that, I checked the dining room, and noticed that my
red t-shirt was clean, albeit un-ironed. But it wasn’t
creased, so I changed my top, as I prefer my red
t-shirt.

Then I brushed my teeth, and then my hair, and located
my socks. Then I left the house and walked briskly to
the train station, as I was running late.

Ah well. Life, it’s a crazy old thing. Things happen.
Men wear shiny trousers that make you look at their
crotches. Birds grow, flap their wings and pick up
leaves that they mistake for worms. Paint dries.
Wierd.

Love

Retro^