Sinister: Silver? More like a murky grey to me...

slists at xxx.com slists at xxx.com
Thu May 22 14:13:29 BST 2003

The Belle and Sebastian gig was rather ace. I regret not knowing who
everyone was, as I could tell by what I could see that a large number of
Sinisterestas were converging round the upstairs bar. You don't look like
regular devotees, you know.

The Delgados were on form. Their cellist, apparently, used to work in my
Hamilton local. The woman who played the flute on Peloton was a music
teacher at Earnock High, my old school. It's hard not to feel love for bands
which were once so phisically close to you. It's even harder when the bands
are actually really good. An acquaintance of mine played the brick (yes) on
a Mogwai track, as part of his fourth year work experience as it was
recorded in Hamilton.

I feel that the silveryness of Mr. Murdoch's trousers has been greatly
exhaggerated. If they were all reflective, real tinfoil style, then I would
be impressed!

I am too tall for the gigging experience. I hate standing infront of people,
because then they can't see. Sometimes they deserve it - when I saw
Tenacious D two girls kept kicking my leg, I raised my shoulders defiantly.
In general I am a gig wall flower.

Two gig-goers, during B&S's set, one to my left and one to my right, were on
their sodding phones! Phoning! In the middle of a gig, at the same time!

Step Into My Office, Baby does definitely sound like Good Vibrations. My
girlfriend and I were singing that to B&S's tune on the night. It's still
rather...fab!

Greig