Sinister: lost johnny

Dirty Vicar dirtyvicar at xxx.net
Thu May 22 22:38:27 BST 2003

Hello,

Dirty Vicar here. Bless me Sinister, for have sinned. It's been several
months since my last confession. I'm not really sure what I've got to show
for my time off. In fact, this post will be a succession of negations:

- I have not started a blog, as I am not so narcissistic as to think people
would like to read reports of my daily walk to and from work. And while I
could fill a blog with record, gig, comic, theatre, etc. reviews I'd
probably not keep it up to date and so the whole thing would be another
life-item to be depressed about.

- I did not go to Glasgow to see Belle & Sebastian play. It certainly
crossed my mind, but vicaring does not pay as well as some might think, and
flying over to stinky sterlingland. In any case I am flying over to
Glastonbury in late June, and I must ration my appearances in your fair
country.

I was also a bit skint because I went off to that Iceland for Easter.
Everything you've heard about Iceland turns out to be true. I liked the
place a lot and I'm thinking of going back there in the winter to see what
it's like then. Sadly I did not meet any B&S cover stars while I was there,
nor had Damon Albarn been reduced to pulling pints in his bar, but I did see
a littli pony in the zoo called Sigur Ros.

do you know who also hasn't posted in ages? That's right, that plucky
Jenowl. Where is she these days? Or has she resubscribed under a different
name.

I'm all excited about the Eurovision on Saturday. Apparently the organisers
are going to cut to a video if t.A.T.u.'s stage act gets too smutty.

One final thing - if I promised you a tape of anything and haven't sent it
to you, will you send me a mail reminding me of it? maybe then I will
actually produce this tape for you.

Oh, maybe.

DV