Sinister: I love my car

Retro^Sec retrosec at xxx.uk
Mon May 26 16:29:47 BST 2003

well well well....

here I am again....

This has been a perfect weekend for me, even more
perfect than last weekend, with its B&S gigs, and
picnics, winchester clubbing, and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, last weekend was grand. I think
pretty much everyone had fun. Last weekend was great
in a social way. It was really cool. But this weekend
was ready-made for me. It was my little weekend of
personal fulfilment.

I passed my bloody driving test! I thought I'd failed:
it was a poor test by standards, although I avoided
bunny hopping across the road; I didn't have the
not-stopping-at-the-stop-sign issue; and there wasn't
a scraping sound to be heard from the wheel and the
kerb. I did bump the wing mirror of another car, much
to my instant dismay, especially when the examiner
grabbed the wheel and helped me. But apparently, it
wasn't my fault. The woman on the other side could
have been more helpful, and given me more squeezing
space. My examiner was really nice. He tried to calm
my nerves (the tell-tale symptom of my shaking hands
and beads of sweat across my brow and the air was blue
with my language) and talked about other things,
telling me to take it easy. And god bless him, he
passed me. May he have a long and prosperous life and
may little birds tweet nicely as he walks down the
street and stuff.

So to celebrate, the fifth test, I went out and bought
me a car. Now I just have to find a finance package
and insurance policy to fit my budget. Its a shiny,
brand new red VW Polo, if you were wondering. I fell
in love when I saw it.

In the meantime, I've been practicing my manouvers
(you thought I didn't need any? oh, you!) in my
brothers Punto. I probably won't be driving to any
future picnics too soon, I want to get used to this
whole experience of driving alone before I go out on
the motorway. Don't want to rush into it, and get
caught like a bunny in the headlights.

Still, I'm sure eventually I'll be toddling along the
M8 with my picnic hamper in the back to the nearest
picnic. Be it in Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Incidentally, back to that issue of the gig, and the
other issue of the TV thing. Laura Llew: drop your
your home addy and I'll get the video sent to you.

cheers

retro

=====