Sinister: More REPORTING BACK from Barcelona

elenita 99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Tue May 27 12:38:08 BST 2003

Hola amigos,

Although Gingerfox Paul-Freaky-Fingers (and guess who had to stand there
translating it all in order so they would let Mr Freaky Fingers in the
festival area? yes, me!) gave you quite some details about the fantastic
weekend we spent in Barcelona, I shall add a few things in order to all get
you jealous.

First of all, some CONTENT (so you won't have to read until the end to get
what you want, how nice of me)
Stuart was indeed very foxy in his silver pants, as Lucy pointed out
recently. Although a special mention goes to Mick who was just looking cute
in a very classy shirt, and rocked quite a lot while playing guitar with a
foot on the amp in front of him.
As for the set itself, I thought it was good, but then being just in front
of the stage helped quite a lot (even if I ended up half deaf). We had a
couple of new songs, including one by Stevie called "Travelling light" that
I didn't like very much and one by Stuart that was good (but I don't
remember how it's called, shame on me). We also had some of my fave songs
EVER live, Judy and Dirty Dream, which got me jumping around and grinning
like an idiot. But the guy next to me was also grinning like an idiot, so it
was fine. All in all, a good gig.

More CONTENT: thanks to Jordi, the hypest kid in Barcelona, I got to shake
Stuart's hand on the following night and talk to him for three minutes (do I
sound really cool and detached when I say this? Because let me tell you I
was just DEAD EXCITED inside but tried to go "hey hi there, how's it going?"
like it happens everyday that I meet the frontman of my fave band in the
whole world). So that was even more excitment. Although he does not wear his
silver pants to hang around in the festival and watch bands, damnit.

As for the rest, we attended a fair amount of gigs, including a interesting
set by Adam Green, a good one from Migala, an ok-ish gig by Future Bible
Heroes, some far too noisy songs by Wire, some good rocking performance by
Sonic Youth, and a RAWKING hour of pure rock'n'roll by the White Stripes,
the best band of the weekend (after B&S, that is).
At that stage of the night it was 2 in the morning, rain pouring down and
everybody soaking wet, and these guys got thousands of people jumping around
under the rain and shaking their bums all around the place. Man, this was
good.

As for the weekend itself, it was exhausting: lots of beer, lots of gigs (my
legs still hurt), lots of driving (how nuts do you have to be to drive down
to Barcelona for the weekend??), lots of languages spoken hence lots of
confusion in my mind, lots of rain at some point, and lots of tortilla
sandwiches (eer no that is a good thing actually)

I also got to meet new people (hello, you know who you are) and failed to
meet some more (sorry Don!), and did not even mind about not getting sun
tanned.

That's it, you know it all. Mmm I also took a couple of pictures (at least I
didn't get my camera stolen, tsk) so if any of them is worth a look I shall
scan them and let you know.

Hasta la vista babies,
Elena