Sinister: This town is too hot

James Thorniley james.thorniley at xxx.com
Sat May 31 17:16:56 BST 2003

Well, its definitely summer. You can tell because all the girls start
wearing funny shaped t-shirts that loop around here and there revealing
random bits of flesh just when you weren't expecting it.

Breifly glasgow reporting back. Jen described most of our wonderful trip
(http://www.missprint.org/sinister/mhonarc/latest/msg00061.html) but
missed out later bits so I will just mention the gig.

Well, we were both quite tired from walking around in a massive circle
(we got lost) in the afternoon, so I was kind of regretting getting
standing tickets. Fortunately we sat out Mull Historical Society (or
Dull Historical Society, as Carsmile mused, do you see what he did
there?) and so had the energy for B&S. Having got quite drunk the night
before, I only had one bizarre and disgusting tasting bitter type drink,
and thus experienced B&S sober. They are really good that way too!
Stuart's trousers were difficult to take your eyes off, except to look
at the cellist replacing Isobel. She was quite stunning, sort of the
icing on the cake of Isobel leaving.

Someone mentioned there might be a new album on the way in November ish.
Haha.

Also I like the nostalgia about going back to classic sinister and
stuff. Haha. Lets all sit down and have a nice cup of tea and complement
each others cardigans and discuss how Stuart Murdoch would make a great
porn star.

It would seem that you should not hang around near me if you value your
knee caps. I recall recently cracking knees with Casarotto at sinister
football, then Miss Jennifer Knutsson maimed herself in Glasgow (at
least in part my fault), and yesterday it was Sam "Orc?" Walton's turn
to be horribly wounded in the mid leg region. Whoops.

Oh well,
If thou a bruised knee hast, Mr Samuel N. Walton,
Then knowest thee what it is to be
Jennifer Knutsson

Goodbye
James x