Sinister: Having coffe with Shirley Lee and other things that will make you happy

a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com a.s.t.r.i.d at xxx.com
Mon Nov 3 14:10:48 GMT 2003

Sinister,

I am not sure if my last post even went to the right
address so fractions might be already read by you lot.
Sorry, in that case.

A lot has happened. I had coffee with Shirley Lee, and
saw them live and was at the front dancing in a really
nerdish manner. But what the hell, who cared. And I
dissed a guy, nicely, by starting the conversation with
"So.. how old are you then?" "Oh,  I'm underage!".
Hehe. It was pretty funny. Anyways. It was a great gig
and me, Amanda and, er, my mum (yes she was there
because she needed to come in order for me to get in
and I know - oh that's uncool but my mum is cool and i
decided it was better to bring her and get to see a
band I've loved since I was 13 than to sit at home
sulking, being too cool). Anyways. It was a great night
and I talked to them for ages afterwards and I was SO
the girl who was friends with the band that night. it
fell really nice, for once. Yay! Spearmint are deadly
brilliant.

I met Damien Rice too during his fantastic amazing
mind-blowing, er, awesome gig on Wednesday. He sat one
seat next to me during Pedestrian/Joel Shearer, the
support, and when the lights came on I talked to him
and he touched my left shoulder and it's a nerdy thing
to remember but I will anyways because he is so
beautiful it hurts and he was super nice to me.

Sometimes I hate NME. Yeah I know, my e-mail, but this
account was created when I was dumb and
young. Anyways. NME. Yes. Did anyone else read that
fucking terrible article on darlings The Thrills? The
pervy one? The one in Amsterdam? With strippers, and
bananas in places that'll make you go "Oh dear!" and
the journo's intense wish to make the thrills some sort
of hardcore crazy rock dudes? It sucked anyways, and it
was terrible.

Because before, you see, I was madly in love (or should
we say: had a wee crush) on the keyboardist called
Kevin Horan. Horan in Swedish means "The Whore". Not
just "a whore" but "The Whore". I thought that was so
awfully misguiding to his whole character, and
basically, his name was "Kevin the whore". I felt
really bad for him plus he is really cute and small,
and silent.

And then I read that fucking interview and that made
everything come out in a totally different light.

Something that's bad about The Thrills is that they
sort of suck live, from what I've heard. They were on
this tv show in Sweden, and Big Sur sounded much too
thumpy, breathy and Conor Deasy sounded like someone
was pinching his arse while he was singing. And Ben
Carrigan, the otherwise sort of nice looking drummer,
looks really constipated while playing. But I had
noticed that before.

I realized yesterday I have nowhere to meet nice guys.
My school is really small, and no one listens to great
music, it's more the gangster look that's in. I aim for
the teachers. Ehh... (sound that's supposed to make you
forget what I just wrote and make the last sentence
ok). Seriously
though, and I've written it before. The men at my
school are boring and want boring people. It's the kind
of people who'll ask you, when you arrive at school in
your really cool home made t-shirt with some cool
sentence on it, "What? What do you mean with that? I
don't get it?" or read it out loud and in the end you
wish you would've gone to school naked instead.

Fab 5, or Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, is probably
one of the best tv shows ever. I always laugh so much
it hurts. Carson is the best one, he's the fashion guy.
Conversation:
Straight Guy: People tell me I look like Keanu Reeves
sometimes
Kyan (grooming guy): WOW! People tell me that too!
Carson: People tell ME I look like Ellen DeGeneres.

Which he actually does.

ooh, here in the school computer lab I am being treated
with the sounds of Sean Paul. Oh yeah. Er...

Isn't there any nice guy not older than, er, like 23,
that wants to move to Sweden and be my boyfriend? There
is a major babe-dry here in the school. Whoa, I just
wrote major babe-dry. HAHA.

Can you tell I am tired?

After this, I am meeting with Amanda in town and it's
really cold outside and I am wearing the totally wrong
outfit for the weather because I decided to be "naked"
as we call it amongst my friends, when you wear like a
really shirt skirt or some sort of
not-suitable-for-the-weather clothing. I am a bit like
that today, because I'm wearing a top which is, er,
daring I guess. I feel a bit depressed though, because
the only ones to give me approving looks was an old man
on the subway (urgh), a weird guy who might have been
drunk and anyways like 50 (!!!) and a really scary
German teacher here at this school. he lives one
apartment house away from mine, so we always meet. He
is scary and Christian and short and compact and please
please please make him go away because he's a bit of a
perv. A young perv, but a perv none the less.

Kings of Leon are coming here in the end of November.
I've heard that they are the most women-obsessed band
ever. They'll,er, have anyone. Me and Amanda are
plannig on going there, wearing short skirts and then
dis them if they say something rude.

Oh my god. I am immature, a bit cheap and look for men
24/7.

And damn, it feels good too.

Astrid x

Who would you rather be - Ted Danson or Kevin Costner?

Fab: Who the fuck is Ted Dancer?

Ted Danson.

Fab: Oh, Danson.

Nick: I think Ted Danson wears a toupee.
For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.