Sinister: you set the scene

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Wed Nov 5 14:10:31 GMT 2003

I don't know if it's that widely known but Arthur Lee's Love are playing
London next week. I had no idea until I got an email from my friend Tony
about it. Next Friday at the Carling Academy in Islington.

Love were one of the highlights of Glastonbury for me this year. I didn't
manage to see any of the RFH shows so I was excited to seem them as they
were going to be doing Forever Chagnes in order. Oh, I can't begin to say
how wonderful it was. Arthur Lee is the only original member and the new
guitarist did have a tendency to overplay his guitar solos, but still! Alone
Aagain Or! Andmoreagain! You Set The Scene!

I was watching the TV coverage of Glasto one night and they showed one of
the songs from the set. It was You Set The Scene. I was, I'm not ashamed to
admit, almost in tears. Of all the songs they could have chosen...you know,
time is precious on telly. So the fact they'd gone for the six minute
whatever tune said a lot. It was fantastic, truly wonderful.

So, go and see them! You won't regret it. Tickets still available.

And while I'm on...

This Friday is the first HDIF in Brixton. It's a one off down south. The
venue is fantastic. Wooden dance floor, glitterball, illuminated NY skyline,
pub prices, beer on draft, nice private room, plenty of room to dance. If
you know anyone in south London please please PLEASE let them know about it.
And if you can come along, please do. There aren't that many indie pop
things going on in south London, so it'd be nice to have an alternative.

The details:

Friday Nov 7th, The Canterbury Arms, 8 Canterbury Crescent, SW9 7QD. Guest
DJs are Amelia Fletcher and Rob Pursey from Tender Trap/Heavenly. 9-2, 3
quid in.

See you either this Friday or next!