Sinister: sleep on the floor, dream about me

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Thu Nov 6 21:37:50 GMT 2003

lovers in a dangerous time,

What not to do when trying to Be:
i've got to tell you that you shouldn't lend your new b&s cd out to
someone who forgets to return it to you just when you've gone and,
ulp, maybe perhaps fallen in love and really actually require that cd
in order to, y'know, cope with things like Long Walks, Late Nights,
The Inability to Fully Concentrate on Anything, and Your Own
Corporeality (which i sometimes forget about, being such a total air
sign). i require music, and right now i'd like the new b&s music, but
i will survive on all the other b&s and all the other music in the
world. i realize i'm preaching to the converted here when i say,
well, one needs music in times like these. yeah, maybe i'm a bit
unbalanced but aren't we all in this teeter-totter world.

Entertainment is the new talking about your feelings:
"Alien" was re-released. big-screen alien = the best kind of alien.
so so good. seeing that is going to tide me over until next week when
i'm seeing all those shows i think i talked about in my last sinister
post. shows! yaay! weirdly, i did end up going to see the weakerthans
b/c a friend invited me. the fembots, from toronto, opened - i like
them quite a lot, so that was nice. the weakerthans, hm, well, it was
like an introduction to them for me and though i enjoyed it in many
ways, there was something missing (and i do really like the
experience of seeing bands i don't know very well). i just had this
feeling that i'd heard it all before and heard it done better. which
seems a bit evil to say, considering how energetic and nice and,
well, canadian they were. but hey, evil evil evil.

my name is robyn, and I love the smell of photocopied journal
articles in the morning:
despite some drooling-in-shoe-stores sessions, i have not bought any
new shoes. but that's okay b/c my happiness level has increased
exponentially due to a) a cute new boyfriend, and b) a confirmed and
rad thesis supervisor! hurrah! that i put both on the same level
perhaps indicates something i'm unwilling to fully believe re: me and
academic life and love, but whatever. that's right, WHATever. it's
all hott to me.

downloading prince with myself-o:
yeah, so everyone should download prince's "pussy control" b/c, damn,
i don't even have to tell you why (there's a song called "pussy
control"? Yes! there's a song called "pussy control"!). somehow,
perhaps being so enamoured with 'pop life' and 'little red corvette',
i had forgotten about this song. okay, we all go through phases. i so
want to do karaoke to prince, but i always feel too tall, too white,
too estrogen-based and hetero to do a proper job of it. /sound of me
slamming fist into palm and saying 'drat!'. all these and more facets
of my (fractured/incomplete/head-slamming-against-wall-repeatedly)
identity are working on the issue though, and, i tell you, if only
for the span of one song, i will be some kind of prince-like
phenomenon, one day, one day...

but enough about performance, play and perversion. b/c, y'know,
survivor's on tonight (oh god, i thought that was just a joke, but
then i realized that that's *exactly* what it's about. i'm really
going to have to stop knowing how to read.)

there's no power like scientific biopower,
r  obyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Montreal, QC