Sinister: 2 forthcoming B&S-related Offbeat events...

Dr C Stride C.B.Stride at xxx.uk
Fri Nov 7 11:34:12 GMT 2003

...in the next few weeks:

******** number 1) ***************

** Offbeat **
Sheffield's Real Indie Night
presents it's annual...

'A Night of Belle and Sebastian'

playing the usual Offbeat mix of classic indie, punk-pop, C86 and
new indiepop underground plus loads of Belle and Sebastian
tracks...

Friday 21st November, 2003
from 9pm to 1am
@ The Raynor Lounge, Sheffield University Students Union
Admission £3.00

Free Lollipops, sticker set and mini-wallchart (very stylish but
limited numbers - first-come, first-served), plus a Belle and
Sebastian quiz; prizes include a promo video and CD for "Step into
my office, baby" (surely the best video ever!)

For the playlist from our last Belle and Sebastian Special check
out
http://www.shef.ac.uk/~offbeat/frames/pl221102.htm

* VERY IMPORTANT - 1 *
We do not do advance tickets - it is first-come first-served on the
door on the night. Arrive early to avoid disappointment - the venue
has a small capacity and we are expecting lots of people. So to be
sure of getting in, turn up before the doors open at 9pm!

* VERY IMPORTANT - 2 *
If you a non-student, also see
http://www.shef.ac.uk/~offbeat/frames/wherefra.htm
for directions and admission details, or email me.

For more info' on Offbeat such as other dates, past playlists,
reviews, etc, check out
http://www.offbeatsheffield.com/

******** number 2) ***********

** Offbeat **

a one-off midweek date immediately following the Belle and
Sebastian gig at Sheffield City Hall...

Tuesday 2nd December, 10.30pm to 2am

@ The Fez Club, Rockingham Street, Sheffield

Tickets £2.50 advance, £3.00 on the night

Advance tickets available from Jacks Records, Record Collector,
Forever Changes Records in Sheffield, or by post - full details on
advance ticket purchase plus directions to the venue at
http://www.shef.ac.uk/~offbeat/frames/afterfra.htm

... playing classic leftfield indie, pop-punk, C86, new indiepop
underground and lo- fi sounds from the likes of ...

Delgados - Smiths - Belle and Sebastian - Pavement - Interpol -
Sonic Youth - Felt - Pixies - Bright Eyes - Mclusky - Polyphonic
Spree - Franz Ferdinand - Ballboy - Wedding Present - Hefner -
Raveonettes - Strokes - Felt - Dead Kennedys - Fall - Blur - Field
Mice - Kenickie - Sleater Kinney - REM - Grandaddy - Joy Division -
 Hives - Hidden Cameras - Stereolab - Nirvana - Pastels - Aislers
Set - Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - Half Man Half Biscuit - White Stripes
- Elastica - Super Furry Animals - Bis - Ash - Talulah Gosh -
Futureheads - At the Drive-in - Helen Love - Idlewild - Dressy Bessy
- British Sea Power - Moldy Peaches - Ride - ...Trail of Dead -
Jesus and Mary Chain - My Bloody Valentine - Yummy Fur - Eels -
Sebadoh - Buzzcocks - Urusei Yatsura - Rezillos - Dandy Warhols
- Shop Assistants ... and many more