Sinister: Rehab is for quitters!

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Sat Nov 8 21:39:40 GMT 2003

The other day, I was thinking of the band Low. Two of the group members are
lds (mormons) and I was wondering if this helps their fan base any. I
remember playing a Belle and Sebastian album for an lds friend and some of
her (out of ten) siblings who were in the room. Just think about it - you
convert one mormon friend and their family and BOOM! the entire state of
Idaho can be counted as fans.

On Sunday, I talked to this friend for the first time in three years and it
seems as if she just played some Belle and Sebby to her three year old niece
who fell in love with it. The little lass now toddles around saying, "I wove
Bell and Thebathin! Der muh fafite!" Isn't that the cutest story?

Yeah, it made me gag too.

I second Ree for calling for more people to report back. I was virtually
chatreuse with envy to hear that Columbus got Slow Graffitti, Photo Jenny
(swoon!), AND Stay Loose. I have never wished to be in Ohio before in my
life!! Oh, the things Belle & Sebastian will do to a girl.

Also, this surfer tune which other reporters back have mentioned as being
called "Passion Fruit" is the same one announced as Mick Cooke's baby at the
Atlanta show. Wasn't he darling and all beamy while playing it?

I was quite embarassed to see that Monsieur Gay Jay had printed out my
setlist and notes to the list as they're not things I would have normally
made public. It seems as if I might have messed up some too. Thus, for the
record it seems as if the Durham set list really went something like this:

Instrumental Introduction
Expectations
Step into My Office, Baby
Wrapped Up in Books
Slow Graffiti
I'm a Cuckoo
Women's Realm
Traveling Light
Beautiful
A Summer Wasting
Like Dylan in the Movies
The Stars of Track and Field
Dirty Dream Number Two
Asleep on a Sunbeam
Piazza, New York Catcher
Dear Catastrophe Waitress
Judy and the Dream of Horses
Roy Walker
Sleep the Clock Around

Encore:
You're Just a Baby

That's courtsey of Sanders who pointed out that I had forgotten "Summer
Wasting". I don't know Sanders but his e-mail looks as if it's coming from
detox.com   Funny, that I trust him, yes?

xo,
Ll

PS - Can the two Kevins and Idleberry please post again soon. It'd make a
poor bookshop girl's day.