Sinister: confessions

ericb5 ericb5 at xxx.edu
Wed Nov 12 04:04:49 GMT 2003

dear sinister,

i confess i love you but also that i've never written.  it's
been..hm..since legal man that i've been on this list and i've never gotten
up the nerve.  might be because i once tried posting onto a blur newsgroup
and they laughed me out of the place!  joke's on them now, it seems.

anyhow i don't come to you to talk about blur.  i just wanted to say hello
finally.  my name's eric and i'm a student in english and film in berkeley,
california, a few steps away from where b&s played a few months ago.  want
a secret, secret confession?

yhskrow: just peeking out over the next two papers i have to think about
this coming week
yhskrow: well actually.
yhskrow: i'm drinking

there.  now you also all of you have my aim addy too.  is there a rule
about this sort of naughty behavior?  i promise to spend at least 15 minutes...

do all of you enjoy that foxgloves cover of morrissey's 'i know very well
how i got my name' as much as i do??  i tried resisting the first song  on
that ep for a while because it felt maybe a little contrived but alas i
can't fight my nature.  when the guitar arpeggiates and 'you're waiting for
a bus in the rain,' i just go all weak and start singing along.  i think
that the foxgloves might even be based in oakland, which is of course right
next door from here, but i don't think they don't play around too often.

me i write songs too and i was sitting on campus the other day wondering,
after graduation, what i'll tell people i do.  and then it hit me.  'i'm in
the tune department.'

that im conversation, by the way, ended rather abruptly.  i think he told
me to 'enjoy [my] drinks' and i spent a few minutes wondering whether or
not he was condescending.  and then wondering whether or not i should care.

that should do for an intro.  thanks for being(,) sinister.

'so let's all why not put a wing up and life carefree'

eric

ps..juju, are you still on this list?  if so, hellooo!