Sinister: Sinister Christmas Present Exchange: Deadline Tuesday November 25th

Laura Llew lleweth at xxx.com
Thu Nov 13 18:22:13 GMT 2003

If you want to participate you need to send the following information to me
by Tuesday November 25  to Laura at specsappeal.net (please do not just hit
reply. This address is just like a pair of Kenneth Coles - flashy but quite
unreliable):

*Your Name
*Your Full Address (of where you will be at Christmas time)
* The number of presents you would like to send out (since it will
correspond with the presents you will receive)
* Whether you have a preference of sending to someone inside your country or
not. Foreign mailing can get right pricey and I have great respect for you
cheap bastards out there. If geography makes no difference, then there's no
need to mention anything. However, please note that this only works if you
live in a place where there will most likely be lots of other Sinisters. I
hate to break your heart but you're probably the only one on here in
Anartica.
*Please, please, please put "Sinister Christmas Present Exchange" (or
something to that effect) in the subject line. I get a lot of spam. I'd hate
to curl up to my computer late one night in the thoughts of going through
all my new porn links just to get a pesky christmas exchange e-mail instead.
*If you gave a present last year but did not get anything, please tell me
this. If you were suppose to get more than one present presents (as you gave
more than one), please let me know who the people you did get from are. Read
below (#5) for why.

As soon as possible, I will send you a reply saying that I have gotten your
information. Thus, if you don't hear back from me fairly soon you'll know
that something has gone awry in the matrix. After I get everyones'
information, then all of your names written on individual scraps of paper, a
sedated gray cloche, and I shall all play Chuck Woolery and match everyone
up with a partner. (I'll be doing the matching this year as last year I had
Miss Maddie Minx to help me.) By the first of December, your day shall be
brightened with the sparkling correspondence from me telling you who that
lucky sinister kid you're giving to is at which point you should then whip
out the crazy glue, pipe cleaners, and your pet ferret to devise a Christmas
present that should wow anyone.

As this is my gazillionth year organizing this I'm more or less copying what
I posted in years prior. However, there is one new addition for those who
participated before (see #5). For those who aren't familiar with this
activity:

1. This is just for those who wish to participate. It is by no means
required nor are there any requirements - meaning you can still be in the
nursery, only flit around in #sinister,  or be embittered and wasting away
in ILE all the time and have just in a moment of nostalgia and dementia
tainted haze have wandered back to your ole' stomping ground.

2. In the words of the Greek chic who set this shindig up a few years ago -
"This is not restricted to just people that celebrate Christmas. It just
happens to help the spirit of exchanging presents so other people that don't
celebrate Christmas are very welcome!" Well, it was in those words except
for less capitalized, a flagrant disregard for grammar, and way too many
exclamation points than I can use without getting nauseous. Oh and the Greek
cheek is Joanna and she rules even if she thinks it's ok to deny our list
with her posts.

3. It's really up to you as to what kind of gift you give - as it can be
anything from something you made to a mix to your favorite book (guess who
will be getting a copy of The Basic Eight, baby!) to a chocolate covered boy
(though I would like notification if you plan to give away the latter.) As
long as it adheres to the postal code and doesn't involve bodily fluids, I
think we'll all be happy - especially the lucky llew who gets the chocolate
covered boy.

4. I would like to make a request only to sign up if you intend in actually
participating because really my shoulder isn't made for people crying on it
because they didn't receive anything even though they sent out a matching
set of hello kitty mittens and mufflers.

I can't even stress how much I actually sincerely mean that. If you think
there's a chance that you might get too involved in exams, work, seducing
the neighborhood mall's santa, or family to participate, please don't. We
still love you. In fact, we'll love you more if you don't sign up for this
when there's that possibility. I know from last year's experience that
people get really sad when nothing comes there way after they've put alot
into a gift. You really don't want to be responsible for the surprise
instantaneous disappearance of a whole pound of chocolate, do you? I mean
unless you're a cute boy and it's being used to coat yourself that is.

5. Because of the fact that years prior I've had multiple people complain of
not getting anything after they put a lot of trouble forth in sending things
out, I'm instituting a new rule. I kept last year's gift assignments so I
know who was suppose to give to who. If I know that you signed up and did
NOT give as you were suppose to then there will be stipulations before you
can participate again. They won't be anything harsh involving slitting
wrists and pushups in salt water, but they'll be there. (You will most
likely have to give to the person you were assigned to give to last year in
addition to a new assignment. Yet, you won't get another gift for the one
you were suppose to give last year). I completely understand unexpected
things coming up especially around the holidays but I need to start
something to help cut back on those shafted. Poor Vee has signed up for this
thing three years in a row and I don't think she has gotten a gift one
single year. What can I do when something like that happens? The first year
I tried to send gifts out to those neglected but I can't afford that, even
though I wish I could. So, I hope everyone understands this. I wish I didn't
have to do it but it's the best idea I've had to deal with the problems yet.

If you have any questions or need to get rid of a large sum of money
quickly, please feel free to contact me.

xo,
Ll

PS - Thanks for everyone who has been sending in setlists and reporting
back. I love it! Just when I think that I've seen B&S too much to justify
ever shelling out so much money for them again -  I read another set list
where they played Photo Jenny (which I REALLY want to hear live) or Lazy
Line Painter Jane (ditto) and I'm like DAMN THOSE BASTARDS! THEY KNOW WHAT
THEY'RE DOING!
PPS -  Songles Dave heard the interview of Richard Colburn that GayJay did
where I corrected Richy in the fact that they had played "This Is Just
Another Modern Rock Song" live before. He called me the BILL O'REILLY of B&S
journalism! ("No spin here colburn - you played it last year!") That made me
laugh like nothing else.
PPPS - Cute pictures of Stu after the Atlanta show taken by Jayward
(http://www.jaynagyphoto.com/) can be found here:
http://www.jaynagyphoto.com/STUTEMP.html
PPPPS - Have I mentioned yet that I'm really happy to see the sillustrations
back? Whoot!