Sinister: Well, you don't have a job or anything... do you?

Eric Brasure e.brasure at xxx.net
Fri Nov 14 02:58:02 GMT 2003

Dear Sinister,

My, my. It's been a while since you've heard from me. Really the only reason
I'm writing now is because of the post from a couple of days ago from
someone *else* name Eric! How fucking cool is that?

Okay, so it's not really that fucking cool. Still... HI NEW ERIC! Let's get
together and bake cookies sometime.

I was pleased to see Laura Llew announce the 2003 Sinister Christmas Present
Exchange (trademark pending). I participated for the first time last year,
and I encourage you all to this year. I was also pleased to see that Laura
has initiated a shit list for those of you who don't send gifts. She's
pretty nice about the whole thing though, since if I were in charge, the
punishment would involve torture. Although then the Geneva Convention would
probably come into effect, and that's always a hassle.

The last time I posted, I was unemployed and looking for a job. I'm happy to
report that I have been ostensibly employed for nearly a month as a
substitute teacher. I've only worked two days thus far, and the scheduling
is wildly erratic, but the pay is good. I subbed for a high school class a
couple of weeks ago, and as I was reading the second book in A Series of
Unfortunate Events, I eavesdropped on a group of annoying teenagers talking.

First girl: Have you heard of Blondie?
Second girl: No.
FG: Well, have you heard of Debbie Harry?
SG: Yeah...
FG: Well, she's Blondie. They named the band after her.
SG: Oh...
FG: How about the Velvet Underground?

At that point someone threw a superball at the wall, and I had to get up and
yell. Aren't teenagers great?

I'm going to go off and sob quietly now.

Love,
Eric

P.S. Oh yeah, Belle & Sebastian released a new album a while ago. It's good.