Sinister: Hello!

James Schneider schnej at xxx.edu
Mon Nov 17 19:34:39 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I've been watching from afar for quite some time, but I've been a bit too timid to speak up. So before I say anything at all, you're all quite lovely and splendid. But anyway, I've got a story to tell. This past monday, I made the harrowing journey from northwestern New Jersey to New York City to observe everyone's favorite, Belle & Sebastian. It was my first time, so I was rediculously excited. The details of the show have already been posted, so I'll not bore you with that, but the truely happy part of this story follows the show. My friends and I, hoping for a glimpse of the band, wait outside of the venue for a bit after the show, when suddenly a small bee-line of people starts to file back into the venue (Town Hall). I walk in with my friends, fully expecting to be pushed away by security, but curiously enough, we get back into the hall, and simply file backstage. Still I expect not to make it to the band, when I look up, and standing before me is Stuart, just taking so!
 me time and talking with fans outside of the dressing room. I patiently wait my turn, then introduce myself to him, shake his hand, and make small talk about the show, then I spoke with him of my impending trip to Scotland to visit schools. He at least acted very interested, then offered to go into the dressing room and fetch us some beer. When he came back, he opened drinks for everyone, but one of my friends and I told him that we'd rather not, and that we don't drink. Rather than leaving it at that, he then offers to go find us a soft drink. We, of course, tell him that that wouldn't be necessary, and after saying goodbyes, he went into the dressing room, and we headed home.

Needless to say, I was impressed and awestruck, and upon arriving at home, ordered up tickets for three nights ago (Friday) at the Tower Theater in Philadelphia. Another superb set (I'm sorry, I didn't get the chance to write down the set, I found myself without a pen, but hopefully someone else did write it down, or else it will be on the B&S official site sooner or later). Anyway, after the show a group of us wait outside. First, all of the band but Stuart come out, and they do a bit of a meet and greet, speak with us, sign thigns, etc. Then, quite some time later, stuart comes out of the side door, sees us, and invites us back in so that we can talk to him where it's warm. After many photos, I get to talking to him, and he immediatly recognises me from the show earlier in the week, and asked me if I had made the gig in northhampton, which I had not. Then, at my pathetic fanboy lowest, I asked him to sign my ticket. afterward, I thanked him and put it back in my wallet. I !
 talked to him a bit about the alternate inserts for 3...6...9 seconds, and we both agreed that isobel is a loon for not choosing his first one. We talked a bit more, then I left with my friend. When I got into the car, I pulled out my ticket and looked at it, and he had signed it "To Jimmy". He had remembered my name from monday night! Needless to say, I was quite elated.

That's all I've got for now, so thank you to anyone who made it through. I'm not sure if it displays my address, but if it doesnt, and you'd like to talk to me, I'm at schnej at blair.edu

Love,
James