Sinister: teenybopper pop

stacey dahling dahling007 at xxx.com
Wed Nov 19 08:08:42 GMT 2003

Perhaps I shouldn't have been so surprised when I stumbled upon Steve and
Richard on teeny-bopper tv this morning. Rubbing th sleep from my eyes, I
thought I was dreaming. Ha! Well, not exactly, but it did seem silly.
The slick teeny bopper boy presenters were falling all over themselves with
joy as apparently they're huge fans. Go figure. Perhaps I shouldn't be
surprised here either, as everyone loves Belle and Sebastian, I was told
matter-of-factly by a colleague the other day. A colleague who likes the
football and the drinking and military haircuts and sensible shoes and would
never in a million years strike you as a secret anorak. Maybe he's right.
Not only were the presenters falling over themselves, but Stevie was falling
of the couch. He was petering dangerously on the edge, swinging one of his
legs about nervously as he talked about Drew Barrymore, seeming camp but
lecherous all at the same time, while looking suitably adorable nd innocent
in his shirt and jumper combo. Richard, on the other hand, was DA MAN, all
cool and relaxed and clearly enjoying talking about his office sex god role
in the new video.
Weird. Misteeq, 50 cent, and Belle and Sebastian. Happy morning.
Hell, it helped me wake up. After a horrid night's non sleep as well. Bless.
I've moved away from Glasgow to the hinterlands of northern Scotland, and
I've missed 'the scene' a bit, I realised. It was kind of comforting seeing
the boys on the tele. And soon live. Woo! Though I always find it weird
seeing them in their rock star element now. Seeing thousands of random fans
screaming and shit. I prefer to think of them as the boys next door, who'll
tell you all about their thoughts on the state of transport and know what
their talking about. DORKs. Mmmm.
I have to get to work now. Hope you all are enjoying the non-stop B&S
multimedia entertainment extravaganza recently.

toodles,
stacey

ps: careless talk costs lives. that illustration...blech. i prefer pretty
photos.