Sinister: http://www.petitiononline.com/Rhoda/petition.html

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Mon Nov 24 00:59:37 GMT 2003

Hello Sinister.

Before I start, I must draw your attention to this:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Rhoda/petition.html

It's the online petition for "Rhoda", an early B&S song, to be re-released.
Even if you've never heard it, please sign it; at this stage you just have
to trust me and Mark C that it's the greatest unreleased composition by the
band.

Go on, sign it now. Click the link. You can read the rest of my Scintilating
Post in a minute.

I mean it. Sign it now: http://www.petitiononline.com/Rhoda/petition.html

http://www.petitiononline.com/Rhoda/petition.html. Signed it yet?

Right then, I'll begin.

Sensationally, I *don't* have a ticket to go and see Belle & Sebastian this
winter, not because I missed the ticket bus, but because it would have cost
me about fifty quid to go and see them what with train fares and similar
malarky, and I just don't have that kinda money at the moment. It's very
sad. That said however, I did go and see Radiohead last night, in what I can
only describe as something of a religious experience*. I hope the concerts
are good for all those who go though. Having allowed DCW to sink in a
little, I think I can safely say that in my mind it's the strongest of B&S's
albums.

I mean sure, there are two duff tracks on it (DCW, which, since Carsmile
mentioned it, I can't stop hearing as a My Life Story record, and RW - The
Clunker #2, surely), but then again so do most of the other records. And the
remaining tracks are, well, nigh on perfection, in my humble O. It's been
two months now, and ISWM is still recieving *daily* airplay. That's rare for
me, btw.

So I bought the new single, too. Big Stu was mentioning the lack of reviews,
and for that sparce analysis you'll be punished with my opinions. I
personally think it's great. Surely SIMO,B is one of the best tracks on the
DCW. For me, the highlight of the entire album comes at 3:03 on this track,
when that synth gambols into the break-down like someone putting an axe
through a watermain. Wonderful stuff. LOTM sounds great all studio-ed up, I
reckon. I wasn't keen on the Peel Sesh version, but all studio-ed up it's
great. I've recently joined a samba percussion group, and it's nice to hear
one of my favourite bands doing some Brazilian tinged stuff. And DMAFOM?
Well, it's DMAFOM; who can argue? Gorgeous melody, and that unexpected
chord-change in the chorus? Phew, it got me going, for sure.

I guess, actually, that's all I've got to say at the moment. As far as my
state of mind goes, I've been a bit stressed, but nothing I can't handle
really. Hopefully. I just really wanted to tell you what I thought of the
new single. Time was, once, that Sinister would be flooded with thoughts of
a new single. Wow, aren't we grown up... :-)

Oh, and sign here: http://www.petitiononline.com/Rhoda/petition.html

love

Asm.x

*and I'm not even that much of a Radiohead obsessive, either.

     "He's strictly a pain in the ass, but
      he certainly has a good vocabulary"
               - Holden Caulfield